Cruise control problem

!I haven’t committed on this post as Tom said, different rigs, different places although a 02’s is likely in the dash. If everything works except the cruise, then suggesting the clock spring (no offense Richard) is off base because this is a multiplex system… 2 power wires and a signal wire for everything except the horn.

My 02 Windsor has the VIP Control Box located in the dash behind the center console where the radio and AC controls are located. BTW, the cruise on the Windsor stopped working shortly before selling the coach to LennyD. There were no new VIP Control Boxes (SM209/discontinued or SM210) available at the time to replace before selling the coach.

Don't know where it would be on his 04 Camelot. He's still searching....

G M RV friends,

I appreciate all the comments in helping me find the SW master. Tom, my unit, purchased new at a show came with a box full of literature and instructions to "everything". Almost everything until you have a problem. I'm the one who has maintained and repaired as needed. Frankly, the coach has been a real nice unit. 118,000 miles, all 49 states and Canada. Runs like a champ. Last drive had issue's with thermostat, shade and cruise control. You directed me on one item at a time, and that's fine. Someone sent me a reset on the Thermostat, it now seems to work okay. That big box only had a users form for the thermostat, no where is there explanation of how to reset it. Other RV"ers gave suggestions on the shade, I took their suggestions and made a repair. I understand that these models probably don't match on many things. The wiring fuse box didn't match the schedule. It took hours testing each fuse that day to find the problem.

The same with the SW Master. I am grateful guys sent pictures and where they have found it. One picture showed a totally different electric panel than mine. I've been all over this coach looking for the Master. I read the test instructions, don't mean a thing if you cannot locate it. The suggestion of it being behind the panel to me made the most sense. It's not there and it's not located in the fuse area that's outside drivers side, front. I've have rechecked all those areas 2 times. Finally decided to remove the black box that surrounds steering column. Here I found a wire that was broken. Still no master. I unscrewed the dash and pulled it back a little, could still not see a master. The picture of the master one had behind the panel matches the picture in the test pages. Even though the manufacturer says the master is designed to be mounted in the passenger area, they are probably all over the place. I have looked in the storage areas, engine compartment and so far nothing.

Today I'm going to winterize the rv. Not using till January, so I'll keep looking. To test it, you got to find it.

In most cases, if all the other smart wheel keypads work except for the cruise control, the first thing I'd check is a faulty air brake pressure sensor on either the primary or secondary air lines coming off the brake treadle.  If you have 4 air pressure sensors, then 2 normally open (one on each air line) will be for the brake lights and 2 normally closed (one on each airline) will be for the cruise control.  If one of the normally closed cruise control sensors isn't reading zero ohms, the cruise control won't work.

If you only have two brake air pressure sensors, then I'd check for a faulty cruise control cancel relay.  Unfortunately, we don't have a set of wiring schematics in our Download Files for a 2004 Camelot.  If someone has a set of wiring diagrams, please upload them or send me a PM.

GM Frank,

Thanks for your input. Thought today or tomorrow I take another stab at locating the master. It's got to be there, we'll see. Not real familiar with the brake pressure sensor's, and no idea where the cruise control cancel relay is.

I do have a good truck repair shop that I have used. I do have it scheduled to go in and have a small seep in the right rear wheel resealed. Found when doing a ASB problem in July. I rarely use an RV shop. Been on the bad end too many times just after buying this RV in 2004. I handle the house parts, and this truck shop handles things I can't, (Engine, trans, brakes).  I'm able to handle chassis oil, fuel and antifreeze, and shock replacements, belts, wipers.

Thanks again

Fred L