Load Shedding

tmw188

On 7/28/2021 at 6:27 AM, Dr4Film said:

Todd, that is more than I expected. At least both AC's are working correctly as those are the relays that usually fail first.

Possibly the entire board is OK. Have you checked to see if the other two devices hooked to the relays are working also? Those would be the electric hot water element and your washer/dryer.

Maybe one of the previous owners had been accustomed to using 30 amp service and didn't want to be bothered with the shedding system so he disconnected it or what a previous poster stated that they frequented a location where they used a 30/30 to 50 amp cheater adapter.

You just may have lucked out and saved yourself $500.

Yes washer dryer is working. I didn’t check the wtr htr circuit because I have a tankless LP htr. I can check it with my meter though if I open it back up again. I’ll assume for now it’s working. So is the  load shedding pecking order on the relays pecking order 1,2,3,4? That’s what allows you to pick and choose?

There are FOUR relays on the control board starting from the top working your way down the board. The shedding of these relays is in the same order.

So just take the colored wire and the load wire for whatever device you want to have shed first and attach them to the top relay. Then work your way down the board with the other devices.

My shedding order is Water Heater, Rear AC, Washer/Dryer, Front AC.

The theory is that my water heater has both electric and fuel so it would revert to fuel only (in my case diesel). After that it is the rear AC as that room is only used at night, followed with the washer/dryer and front AC.

4 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

There are FOUR relays on the control board starting from the top working your way down the board. The shedding of these relays is in the same order.

So just take the colored wire and the load wire for whatever device you want to have shed first and attach them to the top relay. Then work your way down the board with the other devices.

My shedding order is Water Heater, Rear AC, Washer/Dryer, Front AC.

The theory is that my water heater has both electric and fuel so it would revert to fuel only (in my case diesel). After that it is the rear AC as that room is only used at night, followed with the washer/dryer and front AC.

Ok good. That’s what I did. So they are in the order of relay 1 on top, then 2 and so on the way they are numbered. Other than actually checking the shedding capability they are passing thru the relays and working.

Edited by tmw188
Spelling