Water leak from rain

There are screws holding the door awning against the side of the coach that are accessible with the awning out. Once you remove these screws and retract the awning, you can rotate it up and disengage it from its mounting rail. On my coach, there was a strip of foam seal squished between the awning and coach that was allowing water to drain down. This could also allow leaks into the wall through the screw holes. I replaced with a strip of weather strip then put a bead if sealant along the interlocking mounting rail at the top. This stopped my leaks. 

• Like 1

On 7/2/2024 at 9:58 AM, CalebM said:

Steven,

Can you give me some advice with removing the awing/fixing the leak above the door. How is it held on to the wall? Did you remove the entire awing to make the repair? In the image I attached the wall is soft where my hand is and no where else. When it rains the water comes from behind the wall paneling and drips onto of the door. I am not sure if my leak is the sane as what you experienced, but it sounds like it might be. I have already resealed everything on the roof, so the awing is the last thing it could be from what I know to look for. 

17199283977007110291405658098136.jpg

@CalebM, you have to open the awning  some to get access to the screws below the fabric (see pic).  They basically hold it from moving laterally.  After removing the screws,  I don't think I took mine off completely, I think I just slide it forward and backwards for access.  However, an occasional small leak returned so looking back, I probably should have removed it all including the track to seal everything. While up there, check and seal the porch light too. 

Screenshot_20240704_065350_Gallery.jpg