Pantry Upgrade

Scotty Hutto

Not the first one to do this, but DW wanted more storage in the pantry. Pulled out the skinny wire shelves that used about 1/2 (or less) of the space, and added 4 - 4” deep drawer boxes and 1 - 6” deep drawer box on bottom for the “big stuff”. 

FAA4A354-66A4-45E8-A0A3-5011AA1377CB.thumb.jpeg.433b6d5c66e20ec7ee37c38ee8347281.jpeg

71C17267-670E-49B5-9EC2-B95E0B79D27C.thumb.jpeg.176f7e53d9aac8d28f4429e15bde48f4.jpeg

37 minutes ago, jacwjames said:

Where did you get the system, it is an efficient setup.  Did it come with the drawers? 

The metal frame with the slides was original to the coach. I had to make some modifications to the frame with welding help from Russell Porter(@Dae Sung).

I purchased the wood boxes (birch, dovetail joints, pre finished with clear poly) from The Drawer Depot for $325 delivered. 

Paul,

Any issues with sliding shelves while cornering?  Does the door come open?

I like that solution, maybe take it up a notch and convert some of the shelves to drawers to better hold the contents in place.

George P ; The drawer slides have a detent in the slide, so when they are closed, it takes an effort of pulling force for them to cause the slide to extend. You will notice that we have certain types of containers of various ingredients on  specific shelves. My wife is 5'-2" , so she arraigned the things on the shelves to meet her comfort. Adsolute use of the complete shelf.

The door is latched with a sliding bolt. The lower one is a complete drawer, as you see it, and came that way from Monaco. We added the green

container, for trash. Look to the left end/top of the green trash container. There is a sliding bolt there too.   Both came with the coach from Monaco.

Edited by Paul A.
added info

You may want to address the weight issue as one complete unit, opposed to individual shelvels/drawer boxes/ or those wire baskets. A single track would be my primary concern, having to pull the entire unit out to access something you want. The shelf type lets you pull one out, with the others out of the way.

Good luck with your choice. An obvious improvement from any.

• Like 1