2007 -2009 Signature Owners within 300 miles of DFW

We are looking to buy a 2007 or newer Signature but other than pictures on RVtrader have never actually seen one. Their are none currently for sale in our area.  I was hoping that a current owner out there would allow us to come look at theirs and see one in person. Please contact me if that would work for you.

Rod

The best quality years of the Monaco Signature  and the Executive was between 2004 thru 2007. In late 2007 and 2008 & 2009 when Monaco was in trouble the Quality of the Signature and Executive began to suffer, I include the Executive because the Sig and the Exec are basically the same coach other than a few Cosmetics and Styling changes. All of the major components were identical and of high quality.

When Monaco started having problems in 2007 they were just installing whatever components they had on the shelf in stock. They were going Bankrupt and could not pay the vendors and were being cut off from purchasing any new stock so they just started using what they had. Quality went down. 

Around late 2007 and early 2008  Monaco decided to go with a company that manufactured a Chassis Multiplex System. This system was supposed to control wiper, headlights, cruise control and most all other chassis functions. Monaco used this system  in the Sig, Exec, Navigator and Beaver Marquis and it was very problematic. The company that manufactured the system went Bankrupt and is now out of business. Monaco nor REV have any spare parts and if the system fails it will leave you parked. So beware when you are looking at any coaches involved from these years that if they have the Chassis Multiplex System you may be buying trouble.

I purchased a 2005 Exec 45CAQ  new and enjoyed the coach for over twelve years. It actually had some features  that were not in a Sig. We had very few issues with the coach.

If I were in the hunt for a Sig, I personally would also look at the Exec or the Navigator. I would stay away from any that were built in 2008 thru 2009 and if looking at a 2007, I would be sure it did not have the Chassis Multiplex System. Do not confuse the Chassis Multiplex system with the House Multiplex System. The House Multiplex System has been around since 2005 and is a proven system built by Intellitec.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The simplest way is to open the Door to the Front Run Bay-(the Bay under the drivers window), and  If  you see about twelve circuit boards with all the fuses and relays on them you do not have the Chassis Multiplex System.  If you see only a   black box and a Green board with only relays and no circuit board or fuses then the coach has the Chassis Multiplex  System. 

There are a couple of members with the Chassis Multiplex System in their coaches that have installed larger fuses in the wiring going to the System to help protect it from pre-mature failure. It still does not address the fact that there is no parts or support available for this system.

I included a picture of the system in the attachment below

Electrical Panel, Front-1.pdf

• Thanks 1

We're in the DFW metroplex, NE Tarrant county off 114.  Not a Sig, but an '07 Beaver Patriot Thunder, Winchester III.  That's 45' with full wall slide.  Non multiplex, no def, but a 525 hp Cat, and wouldn't trade for anything on the market.  PM me or let us know if it is something to give you ideas.  Its not a Sig that you are looking for, and to be perfectlt clear, it is not leaving our hands for any amount.

Al

• Like 1

4 hours ago, David Pratt said:

The simplest way is to open the Door to the Front Run Bay-(the Bay under the drivers window), and  If  you see about twelve circuit boards with all the fuses and relays on them you do not have the Chassis Multiplex System.  If you see only a   black box and a Green board with only relays and no circuit board or fuses then the coach has the Chassis Multiplex  System. 

There are a couple of members with the Chassis Multiplex System in their coaches that have installed larger fuses in the wiring going to the System to help protect it from pre-mature failure. It still does not address the fact that there is no parts or support available for this system.

I included a picture of the system in the attachment below

Electrical Panel, Front-1.pdf 50.65 kB · 9 downloads

Wow! I was not aware of those changes. Thanks for the education! After looking at your picture and knowing what's in my coach, I can certainly see why a mfg would have jumped on that configuration. Simplistic for sure but obviously not thought out too well. Thanks again for improving our knowledge base....Dennis

17 hours ago, David Pratt said:

Rod

The best quality years of the Monaco Signature  and the Executive was between 2004 thru 2007. In late 2007 and 2008 & 2009 when Monaco was in trouble the Quality of the Signature and Executive began to suffer, I include the Executive because the Sig and the Exec are basically the same coach other than a few Cosmetics and Styling changes. All of the major components were identical and of high quality.

When Monaco started having problems in 2007 they were just installing whatever components they had on the shelf in stock. They were going Bankrupt and could not pay the vendors and were being cut off from purchasing any new stock so they just started using what they had. Quality went down. 

Around late 2007 and early 2008  Monaco decided to go with a company that manufactured a Chassis Multiplex System. This system was supposed to control wiper, headlights, cruise control and most all other chassis functions. Monaco used this system  in the Sig, Exec, Navigator and Beaver Marquis and it was very problematic. The company that manufactured the system went Bankrupt and is now out of business. Monaco nor REV have any spare parts and if the system fails it will leave you parked. So beware when you are looking at any coaches involved from these years that if they have the Chassis Multiplex System you may be buying trouble.

I purchased a 2005 Exec 45CAQ  new and enjoyed the coach for over twelve years. It actually had some features  that were not in a Sig. We had very few issues with the coach.

If I were in the hunt for a Sig, I personally would also look at the Exec or the Navigator. I would stay away from any that were built in 2008 thru 2009 and if looking at a 2007, I would be sure it did not have the Chassis Multiplex System. Do not confuse the Chassis Multiplex system with the House Multiplex System. The House Multiplex System has been around since 2005 and is a proven system built by Intellitec.

David,  Thanks for the info.  I was unaware that any of the 07's would have the chassis mux.  I have seen a few 08's without it; passed them up for other reasons.  Whenever I look at an 08, that front run box has been the first thing I look at, now I'll start at that point with 07's too.

On 4/10/2020 at 12:51 PM, David Pratt said:

Rod

David: A slight clarification to you above posting (very thorough): 

"The best quality years of the Monaco Signature  and the Executive was between 2004 thru 2007. In late 2007 and 2008 & 2009 when Monaco was in trouble the Quality of the Signature and Executive began to suffer,."  Absolutely the truth!!! I've got an 2006 45' Sig and have talked to other "newer Sig owner" and was inundated with their tale of WOWs!!!

"... I include the Executive because the Sig and the Exec are basically the same coach other than a few Cosmetics and Styling changes. All of the major components were identical and of high quality." Sorry Dave. But I take exception with this statement. One of the reasons I personally didn't buy an Exec is the difference in the "major" components. Example: Other then for a few exception, the Sig has the larger engine (600 ISX - YOU DO NOT WANT THE 650 ISX), the 12.50 Generator rather than the 10 or the 8 (8.5?) and the AC/Heat Pumps on the Roof. The Sig TYPICALLY had three 15,000 KW units. And from personal experience, to cool down a 45' rig in 100 + weather, even that is a challenge.

"When Monaco started having problems in 2007 they were just installing whatever components they had on the shelf in stock. They were going Bankrupt and could not pay the vendors and were being cut off from purchasing any new stock so they just started using what they had. Quality went down. " I had one previous 2008 or 2009 (forgot which) Sig owner (he sold it) who verified that he had a HR rear cap!!!!!

So Rod: Do as David suggests. Stay I the 2004 to "EARLY 2007" Sig searches. Of course, by now, most of the problems on the older (2007 thru 2009) should have been fixed. But BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!!! 

I'm in the San Diego area so I can offer a phone call but not a visit.

Stay safe out there!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by rvingstuff
More info!!

My experience was that the "Calender "year 2008 was when the problems started to manifest and multiply on the Monaco brands.  The 2007 Executive we ordered and took Factory delivery on was delivered on 6-30-2006. Titled as a 2007.  Monaco purchased Cummins engines in large lots, so you will find 2009 Models with no emission mandated equipment on them.  Build dates are important to keep in mind.

Paul A

I haven't seen a 2007 Signature with chassis MUX and a friends 2008 Patriot Thunder also does not have chassis MUX.  There were some changes for the 2007 year model that are appealing, IMHO, although they are all very nice.   The early ISX engines do have emissions, they have EGR but do not have DPF or DEF.  There is a history of the 2007-2010  650HP with EGR and DPF ISX CM871 engines having valve problems but the 2002-2006 600HP EGR ISX CM870 hasn't.

Didn't someone have a FRB fire and eventually reverse engineered a chassis MUX board?

Rod

I just want to clarify what you posted and make sure there is no confusion about my post.

"... I include the Executive because the Sig and the Exec are basically the same coach other than a few Cosmetics and Styling changes. All of the major components were identical and of high quality." Sorry Dave. But I take exception with this statement. One of the reasons I personally didn't buy an Exec is the difference in the "major" components. Example: Other then for a few exception, the Sig has the larger engine (600 ISX - YOU DO NOT WANT THE 650 ISX), the 12.50 Generator rather than the 10 or the 8 (8.5?) and the AC/Heat Pumps on the Roof. The Sig TYPICALLY had three 15,000 KW units. And from personal experience, to cool down a 45' rig in 100 + weather, even that is a challenge.

In 2004 I ordered our 2005 Executive through Lazydays RV in Tampa, Florida. The Cummins 600 HP ISX was not available until late 2005 and Monaco only started installing them into the Signature, Navigator and Execs until 2006. The only Cummins Engine available until the 2006 model year was the 500HP ISX and you will find that Most of the Sigs, Execs and Navigator had the optional 515HP DD60 ( Detroit Diesel Engine) Option installed. The DD60 Engine was a $10K option over the Cummins ISX 500HP. It was a better fit for these coaches because of the increase torque over the ISX. I went with the DD60 Option.  My Exec was equipped with three 15,000 Penguin AC/heat pumps and Aqua Hot and was standard equipment. I did a comparison on the 2005 Sig and The 2005 Exec when we were putting our order together and found that other than the Generator all of the major components were the same. On both models Hydraulic Jacks was an option in addition to the HWH System.  All this changed in late 2007 when Monaco started having issues.

Monaco started installing the House Multiplex system until 2006.

17 minutes ago, Ivan K said:

Just for curiosity, I don't have any of them but the base price differences before options in 2006 were staggering to me.

IMG_2858.PNG

Yes ma'am!!!!!!  And that's my Sig on the top. But mine has all the upgrades. IMHO, definitely worth the upgrades. 

I have an 08 dynasty, but I it was really put together in 07.  It does not have the chassis multiplex system    It was probably one of the last well built coaches that Monaco did.  It is a fantastic coach and never really had any problems other than minor.  The chassis is well built, no cracks anywhere and I check it every month.  If you can find one like it, I would recommend taking a hard look.

Bob L., 08 dynasty