Aqua Hot rebuild

My Aqua hot assembly was not attached to to coach with any fastenerss. Held in place by piping attachments and tight fit in compartment. The tank it self was attached to the pan of the Aqua hot with small pan head bolts

I don't remember mounting at the front of our unit, the pump side probably too easy to remember but at the rear I had to get to two L-shape brackets with machine bolts into the floor, a little hard to get to over a cablemaster in my case.

12 hours ago, RobinK said:

I know I'm late to the thread - but what is holding the aquahot to the coach?  Bolts thru the floor plate, lags into the floor plate.  Can you get to them?  Obviously you can, but any idea where they are would be helpful.

pulling mine out to send in for a replacement unit from John C.  Now just to get unit drained, pulled out and everything cleaned up for the new Bosch electric unit while this is all going on.

thx

With the way Monaco did things so haphazardly you will not know what you are faced with until you put eyes on it directly. The thing is so heavy who knows!

Can you explain more about this new Bosch electric unit you posted above?

• Like 1

gburgman2000 (original poster) mentioned a 4-gal Bosch electric unit as a stopgap while the aquahot was removed.  I found a 7 gal unit online - Bosch Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater Tronic 3000 T 7-Gallon (ES8) - that I can hopefully plumb in where the aquahot fresh water was.  I'm pulling the cargo tray now and then the aquahot and will hook the new unit up to the same 110v supply the aquahot used, and the cold in, hot out to the same pex lines the aquahot used. That should give me power and hot water to all the locations in the coach - just quite limited supply. It's less than $300.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have a Aqua-hot AHE-100-04s  12VDC/184 Watts --- I m having problems finding parts for this unit -- Does anyone have information were to go-- Thank You  John

Update on my AquaHot AHE-100-03S removal and replacement.  Have a rebuilt unit from John Carrillo coming on Tuesday.  Then the work to get it re-installed.

Was a bear to get out.  This is a 2004 unit with a couple of thousand hours on the diesel unit.  Several Webasto replacements over the years.  The exhaust would not budge.  I put enough force on the output piece to basically torque the tank inside the unit.  Didn't want to break something else, so had to cut it off.  Since there is almost zero clearance in the Monaco to get the unit out, had to cut a couple of times to get flush.

The Dynasty has a LOT of pipes, wires, etc in that area that needed to be moved around.  The gas line to the fridge had to be removed - starting at the fridge side all the way back to the "T" to the stove.  Yuck!

I put heavy vinyl down in the bay to move the old unit onto.  That helped me slide it around and kept any leaking fluid contained.  Just slid it out onto a hydraulic shop cart.

Pics attached..

Aquahot-OutOfRV.jpg

Aquahot-emptyBay.jpg

Aquahot-EmptySpace.jpg

19 hours ago, janice said:

I have a Aqua-hot AHE-100-04s  12VDC/184 Watts --- I m having problems finding parts for this unit -- Does anyone have information were to go-- Thank You  John

Louisville engineering Has lots of parts and lots of knowledge.

• Like 1

JetJockey if you will look at previous replies I think you will find your answer.   Carrillo is excellent to deal with and there are a lot of parts out there for these units.