2009 Monaco Signature Cambridge

dsell556

Monacoer’s,

I have a 2009 Monaco Signature Cambridge and have to sell it as my health no longer allows me to drive or use it.  How do I find out the motorhome’s value?  What is the best way to sell it?  The motor home was originally purchased in Las Vegas and was #1 of 2 designed by  Henry Jerome and is a Luxury Lifestyles. 

Thanks for your help,
Dan Sell
Cody, Wyoming 

I can and WILL attest to the beauty and quality of this coach! I found this RV online years back. Before I had a chance to make a move on it, the coach was sold. I was sad and though I’d never see it again. A few weeks later, in one of life’s little ironies that very coach pulled into the campground I was staying at. I brazenly marched over and introduced myself to the Sells. After a brief awkward moment, we became fast friends with me swooning over their beautiful Monaco.

If you are looking for an upgrade, I can tell you that you WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED! This is a magnificent coach that has been beautifully maintained over the years. Don’t let the opportunity pass you by.

On 7/11/2023 at 8:27 AM, David Pratt said:

Buyers should be made aware that this coach will have the Kongsburg Chassis Mux System!

And, correct me if I'm wrong, if that system breaks, you are now stuck with a very expensive coach that no longer works, as there is no current solution for repairing broken systems. I believe Brett went through this last year, but I never saw a resolution to his situation.

Currently, to the  best of MY understanding, there is no “guaranteed fix”.  Frank McElroy is the expert I listen to.  He has written a few posts to sort or “bring reality” to it.  Such as the DO’s and DON’T’s to prevent damage.  There is maybe one shop that “supposedly” can test some components, however they appear not to be able to fix or repair the components or perhaps have the level of expertise to really “certify” thr whole system and/or each component. The system is complex, and unfortunately, one component can take down one “end” of the MH….such as all the front functions or the rear.  Frank has spent hours answering my questions and finally hammered a bit of understanding.  

The other issue is that the switches and the master control modules & other components in the system….  were unique to each year.  I think that there  is a Master Module and it interacts with 16 switches or 8 banks of 2. There are TWO master modules….so you have  32 switches.  Think Channel A & B. Then, they connect to the two “up front” modules or the ones always pictured.  Then each of those is connected to an interface.  One interface for the front and one for the rear.  Then these interfaces have a plethora of wires going to all the devices like lights and turn signals and God only (FRANK does…LOL) what. Since there is no proven repair or company than can take any of the boards in each “module” and troubleshoot or repair, it IS imperative that normal service techs or owners NOT GO MESSING around or doing some ill advised things when working on the MH.  There is a proven “fix” for insuring that the VIP smart wheel has the proper power. The salvage market value of them has skyrocketed and there is not, I think, a shop that could test or guarantee that the replacement was OK…

NOW….just how many failure will there be?  We see the OMG posts.  But, how many MH’s were built with them and what is the failure rate.  We hear about the problems, but they are not daily failures like step motors or air conditioners or alternators or slide controls or leveling issues.  Owning or continuing to own or purchasing a CCM MH, as David stated, is something that a purchaser should be aware of and thoroughly evaluate the risk or perhaps their fear of failure.

Likewise, a seller should make the buyer aware.  And their have been a few topics like….HEY, I’m getting a great deal on XYZ model and the price is right and I’ve lusted and dreamed about owning one.  Usually, either the response is to be aware of the concerns of a CCM…sometimes folks will PM the potential purchaser and express their apprehension…. We “hear” about this.

Therefore, it is a decision that both parties should be open with and the purchaser has to decide,  YES, we have had members that were first time owners….and the OMG, you own a CCM, overwhelmed them….and they disposed of it, and usually there were no issues, but the fear caused them not to enjoy the MH.

Update on Brett's 09 Signature. I acquired this coach in April. As most know it suffered a very debilitating lightning strike that took out several control devices. The engine ECM was replaced at a cost of $1500. This have back all the dash chassis gauges. The rear Megatech ECM was acquired from REVRV for $1200. They still have some of these in stock. This gave back all the CCM controls including all chassis lights except headlights. They also have a few switch modules available. I installed an Auxbeam multiplex light control to control the headlamps. I got a box of CCM connector pins from NAPA to connect into the wiring harness at the CCM so no need to cut or splice anything. It can be removed in a couple minutes. So at this point all the must haves work for less than $3000. The only item of consequence is there is no control of the engine brake. I don't know if it is a contact closure to actuate or if it has logic. 

Frank has kindly offered to research and repair the front CCM and the switch modules. He has the entire system now. The CCM may be good but with two bad masters we can't know for sure yet. 

So making progress and things are not as dire as they seemed a couple of months ago. 

• Like 5