HEADLIGHT Electrical Circuit issues - 2008 Monaco Camelot/Scpeter & UP also 2011 Diplomat/Endeavor

Happycarz

1 hour ago, pops7123 said:

Thanks to all who replied to my post. Where can I get the Vip download?

Are the 87 and 87A both 5 pin relays?

Thanks again

Just Google VIP smartwheel manual and you will find a PDF.  Make sure the cover page has Sm209 or SM210 on it

Edited by MHRookie

Thanks again for all of the response to my post. I did check all of my relays in the fdb and they are all good. I did however have a relay in the extra socket and I took it out. I had already bought a clock spring, and since I had no power to anything in the wheel I also replaced it. I now have lights using the dash switch, but still no power to my steering wheel controls. My next thing to check is the VIP controller, but the factory mounted it to the floor behind a small access  door next to the drivers seat.

Hey guys, I'm still working on the issues with my smart wheel i do not have any power to the steering wheel components. I located the VIP controller and have visually checked the connections.i have not started the trouble shooting procedure yet.I have checked all the relays and fuses in the front bay and all tested good. I did have a relay in the spare relay socket and I took it out. I now have headlights, fog lights thru my dash switches, and turn signals, and flashers from my steering console but I Do not have any tail lights or running lights, any suggestions on where to look to fix these. I would like to get these these working before tackling the controller. 

42 minutes ago, pops7123 said:

Hey guys, I'm still working on the issues with my smart wheel i do not have any power to the steering wheel components. I located the VIP controller and have visually checked the connections.i have not started the trouble shooting procedure yet.I have checked all the relays and fuses in the front bay and all tested good. I did have a relay in the spare relay socket and I took it out. I now have headlights, fog lights thru my dash switches, and turn signals, and flashers from my steering console but I Do not have any tail lights or running lights, any suggestions on where to look to fix these. I would like to get these these working before tackling the controller. 

You need to follow the VIP troubleshooting (NOTE - Monaco didn’t follow  VIP’s instructions… when it says to test a yellow wire for power… the key will need to be on).  From there you should be able to follow the rest of instructions.

You’re going to have to use your voltmeter to see where power stops for tail & marker lights.  It would help if you had the prints for your coach to help trace wires.