2007 Diplomat - need 25 TOOTH Slide gear...no new ones. Help and Thanks.

On 7/10/2024 at 7:21 PM, Joel Sheriff said:

I'll call the tech who had the gear and is searching. I'll get the info and pix needed. This one Tom, looks very close but he has the actual gear assembly so I can't match up exactly. I'm going to get shaft measurements, space between holes actual gear count etc I asked him to bring me the part so I can check correctly. Thanks Joel

140418 looks very similar from my recollection when he removed it but that's the issue. Tech said everyone is out of stock on this particular tooth count

@Joel Sheriff

How about a followup?  Is this fixed? I did a lot of research and now the pop up ads for the gears keep polluting every website.  SO, I am curious....as others will be since you have a popular coach.

Please respond and bring us up to date.

Frank can add that to the Parts List.

Thanks,

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

To date, the tech is still searching for a vendor who can match the 25 tooth gear. No luck so far and I'm stationary so I'm not pushing.  He may have to have it fabricated, not sure. 

Edited by Joel Sheriff

8 minutes ago, Joel Sheriff said:

To date, the tech is still searching for a vendor who can match the 25 tooth gear. No luck so far and I'm stationary so I'm not pushing.  He may have to have it fabricated, not sure. 

OK...then the PARTS that I found were NOT the right ones and did not work?  Did he look at them and then google and check them out.

That is one of the things that we need to know.

Thanks

He didn't indicated to me that those parts would be a match. I'll double check with him but I sent him our discussion and asked if he read it. He said he did but didn't offer, to me, any solution. I'll see him soon and discuss if he got any further with the problem of finding the right gear.