Front Film Removal

Go to solution Solved by Venturer,

On 5/28/2024 at 6:25 PM, windsorbill06 said:

I'll be curious to see how much of the rapid remover you use/need for the front of the coach.    I see  it in 32 oz and gallon sizes.

I just did another section. The glue comes off so easy with the RR that it doesn't take much product to clear off the residue. On one section next to the right mirror, the glue came off with the film leaving the surface shiny black. On the tan part of the generator rollout, most of the adhesive stayed on the surface, but the RR took it off with ease. I think my 32 oz bottle will do the whole thing. If not, there will be very little used out of a second bottle. The key is to let the heat gun soften the film and then patiently work the plastic blade across taking a 1" strip off. The heat and distance from the paint is the key. Too close and too hot and you peal the paint off too. Too far away and the film wont peal. I have 2 spots to touch up with black. My motivation is that when it's done, it will look near new. Plus, I won't have spent more than $50 on the project.