2005 Signature. HWH slide out hesitates, choppy

Go to solution Solved by joefromperry,

Thanks for the input. Way "above and beyond the call of duty", especially the calls. Sorry for late response. Have been traveling back home and getting my life back in order.

Here is how it played out. Due to the urgency and complexity I called in a mobile tech to help out. He did the basic checking and nothing easy helped. He then suggested that, since the pump was working, if you push the IN button while releasing the nut valve at the end of the solenoid, the slide will come in. Not sure which one was for the curbside slide, so we did tried all of them.

That didn't work, but during that process the generator slid open. We were at an impasse. Getting desperate. (He wasn't too keen on trying the electrical suggestions that you all kindly provided. Not sure why.)

I went around the front and pushed the button to bring the generator back in and it didn't move, but the curb side slide that was giving us the trouble started to come in.

We brought the slide all the way in. Through the process of elimination, we unplugged and reconnected all of the solenoid connectors making sure that current was going to the right solenoid. Now all slides now work as they are supposed to. Have tried them several times since and all work.

I have no idea what happened!!  Guessing that him or I may have "crossed wires" somehow, but not sure.

I am going to review all of the posts and see what can be replaced, especially the solenoids (thanks for the PN's) Don't want a repeat performance.

Sorry that I am not able to post a "Solution", but very glad that it I was able to get home.

Thanks again for your kind input. Your commitment to helping one another out is amazing.

Ron