Information of potential issues from a failed water check valve.

42 minutes ago, LilGTO71 said:

I have two check valves.   One before and one after the Ball Selector Lever for fresh water fill or city water.  Replaced both in about 15 min.  

IMG_0741.jpeg

WOW…time to run my spycam up.  How long did it take you to take out the panel?

I couldn’t get a good shot of the sides of the valve by shooting up with my cellphone from barely underneath and behind the panel.

BTW….were they 3/4” NPT or 1/2” NPT? I might buy two spares and HOPE that chases off the gremlin that made one fail….

Thanks…..

33 minutes ago, Tom Cherry said:

WOW…time to run my spycam up.  How long did it take you to take out the panel?

I couldn’t get a good shot of the sides of the valve by shooting up with my cellphone from barely underneath and behind the panel.

BTW….were they 3/4” NPT or 1/2” NPT? I might buy two spares and HOPE that chases off the gremlin that made one fail….

Thanks…..

Tom, took about 10 min to remove panel and ball selector.

https://a.co/d/3Txnfe8.

pay attention to the arrows when replacing.

1 hour ago, LilGTO71 said:

Tom, took about 10 min to remove panel and ball selector.

https://a.co/d/3Txnfe8.

pay attention to the arrows when replacing.

Wow.  That has to be a record or some had done this before and done a little modification.  Denuding it is easy.  Puling the screws is easy.  Twisting or contouring or flexing to get it out is the usual “complaint”.  Members have had to get some folks with more grip and upper body strength to sort of bend and pull and get it out.  Some folks did cut some notches in the top (memory) of somewhere so that it would easily come out.

OR, if I’m ever in a dark alley, I want you on my side.

great that it came out so easily….about 1/3 of the time it gets cut vertically and then spliced back.

Thanks for sharing.