No interior lights, fans, or water pump.

Go to solution Solved by pwhittle,

On 6/25/2024 at 7:19 PM, WilPaul35 said:

UPDATE

I have part of the issue resolved.  After several conversations with Chris at M&M RV Electronice I have added a new control master for the IPX and isolated the EMS board and display from the IPX circuit.  EMS now works properly.  Still have an IPX fault but believe it is narrowed down to the portion of the circuit going to the front street side slide.  Prior to having the initial problem I had noticed that keypad over dining table (only one in slide) did not work.  Did not notice this until after our first trip a few weeks after purchasing coach and shortly before issue started.  Now thinking IPX harness has been damaged somewhere and hope I can get to it.

Thank you for taking the time to post this update.  It's nice to hear about how a problem got solved.  That's how we all learn.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Frank McElroy said:

Thank you for taking the time to post this update.  It's nice to hear about how a problem got solved.  That's how we all learn.

Double DITTO.  You approached this very logically.  And what we discussed early on, worked. A "fault" in the 3 wire MPX line or harness and the new IPX master not resolving it would be logical. Monaco had some bad habit like stapling INTO the harness or loom instead of stapling "over" it. Gonna take some doing, but you need continuous continuity on the 3 wire buss. That assumes that the keypads on that section are all in parallel...and not "in series".  I know you understand that, so you'll isolate.  THE TEST.  If you can find the INCOMING harness for the slide and the outgoing harness....then disconnect (means of doing so is your choice) and then jumper and reboot the MPX.  FWIW...  The umbilical under the slide is the SOLE (I THINK) source of "power or electrical or whatever" for that slide...at least on mine. Never chased the umbilical back into the area behind the sidewall below the side. BUT, I can tell you that my CUT OUT for the umbilical and the location of the mounting bracket was POOR.  I had to remount the bracket holding it....when there was an "interference" and bent the whole affair. I'd look under the slide and check the freedom of movement of the umbilical. If you can get to the ceiling or above it in the bay where the umbilical come in...both ENDS of the 3 wire buss should be there.  SO, whack away.  Then splice, eliminating, temporarily, the entire array of keypad on the slide.  THAT, after rebooting, should fix it...BUT, if NOT....then the short or whatever is upstream of that...so you gotta chase from there.  

I THINK that you disconnected all the key pads and such.  Been a while since we talked.  If you disconnect the key pads, assuming they are in parallel....test again.  ISSUES...then a short in the wiring.  IF it WORKS with the pads unplugged, there is an issue in a pad.  Paul Whittle and Frank are you source here. They may have used ones and can program yours.  They would typically request the pad to download the program. BUT, since this is nothing more than the ALPHA- Numeric code (Module Alpha and Numeric circuit number, you have the diagram on the wall and the prints have the modules and such. YES, that works.