Alternator Issue - 2003 Windsor 40DST, ISL 370

8 hours ago, jacwjames said:

Here's a graphic I found that shows the comparison between a Leece Neville and Delco Remy alternator.  

Has the same number of wires, different locations.

DUVAC system - Leece Neville or Delco Remy.pdf 323.74 kB · 7 downloads

Correction, 

1.  The term "Coach battery" should read "Chassis battery".  House ands coach are used interchangeably,  but the DUVAC wire connects to the Chassis battery. 

2.  Don't let the nomenclature "Indicator/Ignition" confuse you.  That terminal is for the ignition.  Some may reach that as the ALT-FAIL Indicator system, which it is not. 

3.  The smaller wire Tha connected to one of the three smaller studs on the L/N alternator drawing is the ALT-FAIL  and Tach (if not ECU generated).  I'm not sure which of the terminals that would connect to on the Delco, maybe the only remaining terminal, labeled "R", or maybe it's not a direct replacement.

- Rick N 

When I replaced my alternator on my old coach the alternator shop could not figure out how to wire it.  They said that the "exciter" wire was constantly powered... did not turn off with the ignition....and would drain the battery down.  So, my solution was a trickle charger when ever I parked it for any length of time.  Having that experience, when I bought my current coach and it was showing signs of failure, I had the existing alternator rebuild.  I was fortunate that I was not stuck out of town somewhere.  Good luck and keep us posted with your repairs. 

23 minutes ago, 96 EVO said:

Always wanted one of those!

Are they flat towable?

No...I trailered it on a u-Haul auto transport.