Check Trans Light - Won’t shift out of nuetral

33 minutes ago, jlynn37064 said:

Will do. Thanks

Thanks Tom, I did get brave enough to drive it. As I was coming out for the storage lot I noticed I didn’t have a lot of power. I looked and I was in 5th gear.  I couldn’t change gears. I drove it a bit hoping it would start to behave but it didn’t. I had to reset the codes using the shift pad to get it to come out of gear. I managed to turn around and get back to the lot. I had to reset the codes to get it into reverse so I could park it. It would go into first and seemed to stay there as long as I didn’t push the pedal.  have three codes. P2723,P0732, U0115.  One of my early issues was the speedometer jumping around. The new/used TCM has corrected that issue. 

I got a few “enlisted” stripes….but not an OFFICER…this is getting above my paygrade…..BUT.

Unless you know the exact settings (again, supposedly on a label…Monaco used an outside TCM programmer)  Allison has NO RECORD nor DATA BASE….  Fact….been there….tried that.

The LEARNED is gone.  Now, if there an issue inside the tranny and the TCM and ECM is derating the drive line?  Know NOT.  You can try Allison.  But they are probably going to say…. Dealer.  Dealer can set, if they have some experience, generic shift points….  But Monaco calculated and also tested (seat of pants) and then set that as the standard for that MY. 

I can’t even begin to discuss BEAVER.  Maybe if same engine and tranny and rear end and tires….as a Exec or Sig?  PAYDIRT…found your brochure….this is WHAT you need.

https://ep.turbifycdn.com/ty/cdn/e4services/2006BeaverPatriotBrochure.pdf

NOW …..download the same year in Exec, Sig and Dynasty.  Compare weights, tires, engine, differential ratio, obviously length, tranny (3000 vs 4000) and such…if one exactly matches (weights if close….not to the pound) then pursue getting that TCM copied with the help of another member.

NOT what you want to hear…but based on the few hours on the phone over the years…learning and asking questions….what I THINK is correct…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jlynn37064 said:

I have three codes. P2723,P0732, U0115.  One of my early issues was the speedometer jumping around. The new/used TCM has corrected that issue. 

U0115 - Lost Communication with ECM

P0732 - Incorrect 2nd Gear Ratio

P2723 - Pressure Control Solenoid 1 Stuck Off

Like Tom has stated, it sounds to me like you current TCM needs a whole new complete re-flash with correct programming and parameters.

• Like 1

I'd think the wrong parameters in the TCM would cause it to shift slightly early or late, that would make it not drive right on hills, but not as bad on the flat.  The wrong parameters wouldn't cause it to stick in 5th or change the ratio for 2nd, those are other errors.  Checking the wiring is a good step, if you can find the correct allison procedure, it will be clearly explained, a lot of work, but not hard. 

Just for fun, I might swap the old one back and see what it does, but it sure sounds like a wiring issue.  Always possible you got a bad used one also. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Benjamin said:

I'd think the wrong parameters in the TCM would cause it to shift slightly early or late, that would make it not drive right on hills, but not as bad on the flat.  The wrong parameters wouldn't cause it to stick in 5th or change the ratio for 2nd, those are other errors.  Checking the wiring is a good step, if you can find the correct allison procedure, it will be clearly explained, a lot of work, but not hard. 

Just for fun, I might swap the old one back and see what it does, but it sure sounds like a wiring issue.  Always possible you got a bad used one also. 

Benjamin, I just reinstalled the original TCM. The U0115 code is gone. I’m back to the speed sensor code. I’m concerned the new/used TCM is faulty. 

8 minutes ago, jlynn37064 said:

Benjamin, I just reinstalled the original TCM. The U0115 code is gone. I’m back to the speed sensor code. I’m concerned the new/used TCM is faulty. 

Is that the P0722 Code - Output Speed Sensor No Signal?

2 hours ago, jlynn37064 said:

Yes, unfortunately that seems possible.  All that's left on your own, as I see it, test the wiring with the allison procedure, contact the seller to see if they have a guaranteed TCM that came out of driving vehicle, find another owner with one to swap for testing.  Or take it to allison.

3 hours ago, jlynn37064 said:

ONLY TWO logical things to do.  Unless you have the ALLISON equipment.  You can TAKE BOTH to an Allison certified shop.

They MAY be able to READ your Parameters.  That would have been the first thing to do, prior to replacing with a USED.    

THEN let them TEST the used ONE.  If it is BAD, it will show on the bench test.  If NOT...have them REFLASH the USED one. Don't know the return policy of the used one...typically, I would use a Credit Card...have it tested or if I was installing, TEST MYSELF for Function.  IF defective and they won't refund...Your CC company takes over and you dispute the charge. YOU WILL WIN...NO DOUBT...

There is, to the best of my knowledge, NO way that a Member can TEST a TCM...without the Allison Software (Diagnostics)...

Your MH..  You decide...but right now, I think this is a circular drill....

2 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

Sounds like a visit to your local certified Allison Transmission shop is in order.

Thanks 

57 minutes ago, Tom Cherry said:

ONLY TWO logical things to do.  Unless you have the ALLISON equipment.  You can TAKE BOTH to an Allison certified shop.

They MAY be able to READ your Parameters.  That would have been the first thing to do, prior to replacing with a USED.    

THEN let them TEST the used ONE.  If it is BAD, it will show on the bench test.  If NOT...have them REFLASH the USED one. Don't know the return policy of the used one...typically, I would use a Credit Card...have it tested or if I was installing, TEST MYSELF for Function.  IF defective and they won't refund...Your CC company takes over and you dispute the charge. YOU WILL WIN...NO DOUBT...

There is, to the best of my knowledge, NO way that a Member can TEST a TCM...without the Allison Software (Diagnostics)...

Your MH..  You decide...but right now, I think this is a circular drill....

Thanks Tom.  I’ll update this post after I talk with Allison shop

• Thanks 1