2012 MOnaco Dynasty built by Navistar (Kongsberg MPX) ?

Go to solution Solved by Paul J A,

57 minutes ago, 747guy said:

Checked out the Coach and it has the Intellitec system😎

WOW & DOUBLE W O W!

We’ve seen Dynasty’s with CCM in 2009.  There were few if any 2010’s. They were stranded on the line.  Sales Brochures as well as Owners Manual for 2012 all show CCM.

Paul’s pictures are dead giveaway.  If the coach has switches in banks of 3…..then CCM.  MONACO supposedly ran out of the INTELLITEC boards and the main boards in late 2008 MY… That’s why there were some 2008 Dynasty WITH CCM.

This be a strange critter. I’d sure want to see the title and get the VIN and “MONACO” number and let REV verify.  Also get the motor SN and let Cummins verify the year and emissions.  I had paid a deposit on a Starcraft Pop up years ago.  Seller called me a week later.  Opps, title said it was TWO years older and he wouldn’t move on price, but did get my deposit back.

To paraphrase the lyrics from “The Grinch” tune….You’re a strange one, Mr. Dynasty…..”

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2024 at 1:04 PM, 747guy said:

Checked out the Coach and it has the Intellitec system😎

This is very odd - if you can please post a picture of the Front Run Bay showing the intellitec system.  

• Tom Cherry changed the title to 2012 MOnaco Dynasty built by Navistar (Kongsberg MPX) ?

Thanks.  Looks like the same large circuit board as from the Kongsberg system but the chassis multiplex brain is a Welding V-MUX system - not an Intellitec or Kongsberg multiplex system.

7 minutes ago, Frank McElroy said:

Thanks.  Looks like the same large circuit board as from the Kongsberg system but the chassis multiplex brain is a Welding V-MUX system - not an Intellitec or Kongsberg multiplex system.

Frank posted before I finished my post and filled in some details.  We talked and this is what we KNOW as well as SUSPECT.

First the 2012 was a "mishmash" of systems.  Whether Navistar couldn't get components or there were some "outstanding...BIG $$ DEBTS" so some KEY suppliers....WHO KNOWS.  The Intellitec CPU MPX system was abandoned and a Firefly system was "wedged" in and Firefly and REV ain't taking any responsibility nor helping....but OTHER THAN THAT....

The Kongsberg CCM was supposed to be used in 2012.  Look on Page 198 of the manual.  You can go to MonacoCoach (Google) and download the sales brochure and manuals....we do it all the time.  The 2012 Manual shows the Kongsberg CCM....Just like Paul posted.  The Sales Brochure says MPX Chassis...no BRAND.

BUT, it would appear that this is a LATE model 2012.  There was NO 2013 Dynasty.  The 2014 went back to a CONVENTIONAL system...and the MANUALS were all rewritten (probably cut and paste from a REV clone).  Bottom line....this is a RARE bird.  Now the Welding V-MUX system, Frank thinks, and he is usually right, is used on other MH's....perhaps the Foretravel. BUT, there is absolutely NO DOCUMENTATION on how the V-MUX works or what Navistar did to "make it work".  In other words...NO PRINTS....and that is a BUMMER of the first order of Magnitude... 

The OTHER BUMMER...  If V-MUX has no information or any files or prints...then one is totally out of luck.  At LEAST with the CCM Kongsberg system, Frank can fix any of the boards and replace the chips and reprogram.  He is doing that at least weekly...some several.  He is the ONLY SOURCE (Globally) that can do this.  Kongsberg severed all ties with Monaco.  SO...if you want a REAL BOAT ANCHOR (I'm using another member's description), this would be the one.  If you do anything like even put on a woolen sweater and get a static electricity charge to a switch....maybe trouble. There is a LONG write up on the Kongsberg system.  There is a LIST of NO-NO's...and even jump starting or doing any electrical "wizardry" has been known to disable the systems.  Frank can fix them...  BUT, unless he decides to take this on as project....the MH is at risk..  YES, folks have been known to GUT the MH's and get well educated Techs to HARD WIRE them...but the usually have to buy the OLDER PCB's from a salvage yard.  ANYTHING is possible if one is creative or perseveres.. BUT...  WE KNOW about the CCM...and it is repariable...and there are PRINTS on the MH and Chassis.  Unless REV could find the "Special marked up" Prints that the assemblers used to mate the V-MUX system to the CCM PBC...then it would be interesting.

That's it.  NO, it is NOT an Intellitec.  Download the 2008 Dynasty Manual and go to Chassis Electrical Section.  THAT is what an Intellitec chassis (many boards) looks like...

This HAS been interesting...and as USUAL...I always learn...but in my "style", I think that about the line....

GOD ONLY KNOWS HOW THIS SYSTEM WOULD WORK...

Don McLean wrote American Pie (one of my favorites), so often I look there for an inspiration to describe something.... With apologies to Mr. Don.....

• God would be the ONLY one who could fix this MPX mess..
  • But God is also the THREE in ONE, full of Righteousness....
  • The three men I admire most
  • The Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost
  • They caught the last train for the coast..
  • So, I guess the Dynasty is basically...TOAST....!!!

IF you buy it; negotiate hard....

17 minutes ago, Tom Cherry said:

Frank posted before I finished my post and filled in some details.  We talked and this is what we KNOW as well as SUSPECT.

First the 2012 was a "mishmash" of systems.  Whether Navistar couldn't get components or there were some "outstanding...BIG $$ DEBTS" so some KEY suppliers....WHO KNOWS.  The Intellitec CPU MPX system was abandoned and a Firefly system was "wedged" in and Firefly and REV ain't taking any responsibility nor helping....but OTHER THAN THAT....

The Kongsberg CCM was supposed to be used in 2012.  Look on Page 198 of the manual.  You can go to MonacoCoach (Google) and download the sales brochure and manuals....we do it all the time.  The 2012 Manual shows the Kongsberg CCM....Just like Paul posted.  The Sales Brochure says MPX Chassis...no BRAND.

BUT, it would appear that this is a LATE model 2012.  There was NO 2013 Dynasty.  The 2014 went back to a CONVENTIONAL system...and the MANUALS were all rewritten (probably cut and paste from a REV clone).  Bottom line....this is a RARE bird.  Now the Welding V-MUX system, Frank thinks, and he is usually right, is used on other MH's....perhaps the Foretravel. BUT, there is absolutely NO DOCUMENTATION on how the V-MUX works or what Navistar did to "make it work".  In other words...NO PRINTS....and that is a BUMMER of the first order of Magnitude... 

The OTHER BUMMER...  If V-MUX has no information or any files or prints...then one is totally out of luck.  At LEAST with the CCM Kongsberg system, Frank can fix any of the boards and replace the chips and reprogram.  He is doing that at least weekly...some several.  He is the ONLY SOURCE (Globally) that can do this.  Kongsberg severed all ties with Monaco.  SO...if you want a REAL BOAT ANCHOR (I'm using another member's description), this would be the one.  If you do anything like even put on a woolen sweater and get a static electricity charge to a switch....maybe trouble. There is a LONG write up on the Kongsberg system.  There is a LIST of NO-NO's...and even jump starting or doing any electrical "wizardry" has been known to disable the systems.  Frank can fix them...  BUT, unless he decides to take this on as project....the MH is at risk..  YES, folks have been known to GUT the MH's and get well educated Techs to HARD WIRE them...but the usually have to buy the OLDER PCB's from a salvage yard.  ANYTHING is possible if one is creative or perseveres.. BUT...  WE KNOW about the CCM...and it is repariable...and there are PRINTS on the MH and Chassis.  Unless REV could find the "Special marked up" Prints that the assemblers used to mate the V-MUX system to the CCM PBC...then it would be interesting.

That's it.  NO, it is NOT an Intellitec.  Download the 2008 Dynasty Manual and go to Chassis Electrical Section.  THAT is what an Intellitec chassis (many boards) looks like...

This HAS been interesting...and as USUAL...I always learn...but in my "style", I think that about the line....

GOD ONLY KNOWS HOW THIS SYSTEM WOULD WORK...

Don McLean wrote American Pie (one of my favorites), so often I look there for an inspiration to describe something.... With apologies to Mr. Don.....

• God would be the ONLY one who could fix this MPX mess..
  • But God is also the THREE in ONE, full of Righteousness....
  • The three men I admire most
  • The Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost
  • They caught the last train for the coast..
  • So, I guess the Dynasty is basically...TOAST....!!!

IF you buy it; negotiate hard....

From what I can tell, dash switches are likely individual wired to the V-MUX module in the FRB (vs the Kongsberg system with multiplexed dash switch modules).  The V-MUX module and software are available.  The company has been around over 25 years.  Likely one should be able to make a backup copy of the software should the V-MUX module fail.

It sure would be great if anyone with a set of wiring diagrams could post them on the forum.

Coaches have a separate house and chassis multiplex systems.  For the 2012 Dynasty, the chassis multiplex is a V-MUX system and the house multiplex is an Intellitec multiplex system.

• Solution
On 6/5/2024 at 1:14 PM, Tom Cherry said:

WOW & DOUBLE W O W!

We’ve seen Dynasty’s with CCM in 2009.  There were few if any 2010’s. They were stranded on the line.  Sales Brochures as well as Owners Manual for 2012 all show CCM.

Paul’s pictures are dead giveaway.  If the coach has switches in banks of 3…..then CCM.  MONACO supposedly ran out of the INTELLITEC boards and the main boards in late 2008 MY… That’s why there were some 2008 Dynasty WITH CCM.

This be a strange critter. I’d sure want to see the title and get the VIN and “MONACO” number and let REV verify.  Also get the motor SN and let Cummins verify the year and emissions.  I had paid a deposit on a Starcraft Pop up years ago.  Seller called me a week later.  Opps, title said it was TWO years older and he wouldn’t move on price, but did get my deposit back.

To paraphrase the lyrics from “The Grinch” tune….You’re a strange one, Mr. Dynasty…..”

Not strange at all Tom. I have seen 4 in the last year.