Help please. Stranded on the side of the road!!

Go to solution Solved by Chad A,

Wow, looks like price deflation; when I got the CPB-1033 in January of 2022, it was $1,987 plus $36 shipping.

As long as you're comfortable that your pump isn't susceptible to the internal leak/bypass into the hydraulic system, and that you can find a trustworthy shop that actually has done that kind of repair before with good long-term results, why not try? Worst that can happen is that you'll have to do it again and as long as the pump is in production you can always replace it later if needed. I had no choice, as the internal leaking was a known issue that wasn't satisfactorily fixed with replacing the seals in the original Sauer Danfoss.

Does anybody happen to have the part number for the original Danfoss pump?

There is a company, Applied Industrial Texhnologies, that is right down the street from me and they carry Danfoss pumps. 

Not sure if they would be less expensive but some they have online are in the $400-$600 range. 

9 minutes ago, Chad A said:

Does anybody happen to have the part number for the original Danfoss pump?

There is a company, Applied Industrial Texhnologies, that is right down the street from me and they carry Danfoss pumps. 

According to my 2005 Exec Build Sheet (aka Recreational Vehicle Data Card), the original (circa early-2004 actual build) hydraulic pump was listed as "Sauer CPB 1033 LUK".

Screenshot 2024-06-17 at 4.00.02 PM.jpg

George, where is that tag located in your Coach?

When I get home I will see if I can find it 

Thank you

8 minutes ago, Chad A said:

George, where is that tag located in your Coach?

Chad,

I'm pretty sure that it wasn't attached to anything but rather part of the purchase documents along with the MSRP document "as built" and the dealer invoice. I could be wrong on that as it was 19 years ago! It might have been taped inside one of the sink cabinets. I'll attach the entire document.

The weight sheet was taped inside the rear closet and other than the tire/weight placard beside the driver's seat, that's the only one I remember for sure was hidden away somewhere.

Monaco Weight Sheet.pdfMonaco Build Sheet.pdf

Call a couple large construction companies and find out who repairs their hydrualic components.  A good hydraulic shop might be able to fix it but the amount of time might be prohibitive.  A good shop should be able to take a quick look and say yes or no. 

When I worked in the mines we sent hydraulic components off on a daily basis.  We would get quote to repair and/or replace. 

• Like 1

Call REV group Parts and service. Have your VIN# handy or the Monaco Coach #.  They have the Data Cards for your coach which will list all the major components with information as George C. has shown in his post.

Edited by Paul J A

4 minutes ago, Paul J A said:

Call REV group Parts and service. Have your VIN# handy or the Monaco Coach #.  They have the Data Cards for your coach which will list all the major components with information as George C. has shown in his post.

Better yet, ask them to email you a copy of the data card and MSRP sale sheet.  Lots of components listed so  might come in hand in the future.

• Like 1

Take the elbow out turn it over and install the nut then attach the compromised end to the horizontal. It may give you enough good vertical fit to seal and possibly the horizontal fit will be good til you get to find a new part. I would expect Jim at source engineering would have a solution.  Do you know if it is pressure or supply line. I would be hesitant to do any tapping operation. It would be difficult to control where chips go. Could damage down stream fan radiator pump or power steering.

if you can take the entire fitting to a good hydraulic shop and acquire a new one that might work 

Edited by Jetjockey
Addit

• Solution

Update. 

Took the pump to hydraulic machine shop in town. They took it to the hydraulic fitting place and found a new fitting that would work. There was enough room that they cut new threads into the pump. 

They went with pipe thread as that was what there was room for. I will have to seal the threads but should be good to go. 

$125 out the door including the new fitting. These guys did me right!!

Thank you for all the help!! Start putting it back together tonight. 

• Like 6