Anyone Have a Windshield Replaced Lately?

Got some answers. Yes, I found a place about 20 miles away.  $1500 no warranty. We know our coaches can twist and rack,  that's the culprit. Glass place said they sparsely glue at the factory so there will be flex for the glass.  They have an RV in the shop right now with a broken windshield caused by jacking up one steer tire to fix a flat.  Now that's something to keep in mind.  I used 4" roof tape for my last trip. That worked good but not a solution. I saw a video of a guy adding steel reinforcement to the front end to combat this. I don't think I'm that creative.

R.

On 6/12/2024 at 9:04 AM, Craggar said:

Just curious what others have found for pricing. I just got a quote for the drivers side only on my 98 Windsor and it was over $5000.Cdn installed. Seems high to me but it's not a big deal since insurance is covering all but my deductible.

wow and what insurance company you with as ICBC will not cover me on my 2003 Monaco. i have full coverage with them and they will not cover me as they say the improper previous repair caused the crack and when i bought my unit the coverage of previous repair faulty workmanship is not cover by them as i am a new owner

FWIW….every State in the US has an “Insurance Commissioner” or a controlling State agency that sets rules and regulates what is covered and minumums and such.  They ALSO regulate the types of coversge offered or allowed in each state.

Have a Cousin that was a long time NC State Farm agent and was a MH owner and also on a high level National State Farm Agent’s Council.  At one of their combo “seminars and updates and awards ceremonies”, the Council discussed “windshields”.  NC’s Insurance Commission does NOT mandate that Windshields are covered by the same rules or regulations as a car/light truck.

NOW…this discussion is a few years old, but many State Farm agents lobbied the NC Insurance commission to add MH windshields to the “Comprehensive” coverage….and wanted a high deductible..  NOPE…. For whatever reason, I THINK, my full coverage NC policy does NOT include replacement….now fhe company will reimburse me for “chip” repairs.

Thus, I would need a supplemental policy for replacemnt.

THATS how I understand it….there is NO Federal oversight or requirments for how policies are written.

9 hours ago, djlgnd said:

wow and what insurance company you with as ICBC will not cover me on my 2003 Monaco. i have full coverage with them and they will not cover me as they say the improper previous repair caused the crack and when i bought my unit the coverage of previous repair faulty workmanship is not cover by them as i am a new owner

That really sucks. I'm insured in Ab. right now with Aviva for the motorhome but will be switching soon since we just moved to the Okanagan. From what I've heard about prices I'm in no rush but will have to bite the bullet soon. 

10 hours ago, djlgnd said:

I talked ICBC into letting me get my windshield replaced at RV Glass Solutions in Coburg OR.

I paid the bill, and submitted it to them for reimbursement 👍.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Craggar said:

That really sucks. I'm insured in Ab. right now with Aviva for the motorhome but will be switching soon since we just moved to the Okanagan. From what I've heard about prices I'm in no rush but will have to bite the bullet soon. 

might try this yself than

13 hours ago, Craggar said:

what is your yearly with them, and how are they to deal with, i am just south of you on the #3 highway in grand forks

We were just at the REV Service Center in Decatur and had a new crack in our windshield so while we were there I asked for a price and it was for a ‘15 Dynasty. It came back as $2400 for glass, foam, weather stripping and $2300 for labor. Total with all taxes $4913. 
Tom Gibbens

’15 Dynasty 

My 05 Ambassador came from the factory with no adhesive on the windshield. I thought that was done to give flex to the windshield. I never had adhesive applied until a former production line windshield installer, to install a windshield, told me that I must have had a Friday, end of the day, motorhome. When they returned Monday, they must have just pushed it to the next station, and it never got the adhesive. Fortunately I have a two piece windshield and half as much cost for replacement than the single windshield.

Gary 05 AMB DST

11 hours ago, djlgnd said:

what is your yearly with them, and how are they to deal with, i am just south of you on the #3 highway in grand forks

I will check with the wife and she if she remembers the cost but I believe it was either 700 or 800 something a year. As for dealing with they were ok  but it took almost a month from the time I filed the claim until the windshield came in the first time. (Wrong one)

We like the Grand Forks area and may end up around there in the future. Kelowna was kinda of a stepping stone. Wife always wanted to live here and took a job that paid for the move if she stays with them for a year. After that we haven’t quite figured out what’s next yet.

On 6/12/2024 at 10:04 AM, Craggar said:

it was over $5000.Cdn installed.

Yep. Im in AB and got half my windshield replaced 7 years ago and it was 3500, so after covid and inflation 5000 seems just about right.

On 8/22/2024 at 10:27 PM, djlgnd said:

Wife says 720/year with Aviva

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Craggar said:

Wife says 720/year with Aviva

Do you need an Alberta address to gt this insurance, if not i' in on this as a quote here was 1700 a year. don't know what company on this

23 hours ago, djlgnd said:

Do you need an Alberta address to gt this insurance, if not i' in on this as a quote here was 1700 a year. don't know what company on this

Yes because I have to switch mine over too now that I'm in BC. I have 3 months but will start checking soon and if I find a better rate than you did I will let you know. I'm kinda holding off until we buy a new to us motorhome first but am having problems finding the one I want in my budget.

Living in Utah, had to have the driver side replaced on my 99 Dynasty; the claim process was a bit rough, but finally settled down once they understood it was on a motorhome, and RV Glass Solutions in Coburg, OR turned out to be the contractor that handles State Farms RV Windshield claims.  Locally, many auto glass companies no longer install motorhome windshields, with many dropping the business about two years ago.  RV Glass connected me with Icon Auto Glass, who ordered the replacement from RV Glass.

Had it installed this morning, took about 2.5 hours, excellent installer, seems to be first rate install.  Just an FYI if you have needs in this area!

https://iconautoglass.com/locations/utah/north-salt-lake/

• Like 1