Anyone Have a Windshiled Replaced Lately?

Just curious what others have found for pricing. I just got a quote for the drivers side only on my 98 Windsor and it was over $5000.Cdn installed. Seems high to me but it's not a big deal since insurance is covering all but my deductible.

Coach glass Oregon

I gave them my year and model number. They sent me a paper template to confirm size. Drivers door glass with frame. Shipped to the border store.picked it up, Don't remember the price, receipt is in the coach ,Don't have access at this time.Thinking it was around $500.00 cnd, shipping included.

Wayne 

1999 Signature ceaser 

Just for reference, my one piece Coach Glass winshield was $1600 if just picked up in Oregon but with shipping and install at my place it ended up being ~$2600 total, before inflation somehow happened... minus $100 gift card from them for the contractor being late. There was no insurance involvement in the arrangement, could have made a difference in cost, maybe.

1 hour ago, Dr4Film said:

In Florida, it is mandatory for Florida insurance companies to fully cover windshield replacements, $0 deductible.

Mine is 500 deductible which seems to be the norm up here for RV glass. Probably a good idea to make it mandatory, I know if I had to pay the full hit it wouldn't be getting done yet unless it was real bad. 

1 hour ago, Ivan K said:

Just for reference, my one piece Coach Glass winshield was $1600 if just picked up in Oregon but with shipping and install at my place it ended up being ~$2600 total, before inflation somehow happened... minus $100 gift card from them for the contractor being late. There was no insurance involvement in the arrangement, could have made a difference in cost, maybe.

2700 for the glass here but that's just 1/2 the winshield and in Cdn. 

I had my windshield replaced after it cracked last  summer & didn’t have to pay anything. The glass was sourced from Coach Glass & installed by a local glass shop well experienced in installing motorhome windshields. The whole process was well handled from start to finish. 

• Like 1

I have a 2 piece windshield, I had my left side replaced last fall, $1734.00, sourced from Coach Glass, covered by insurance, performed by a local glass company that came to my garage. I remember it taking about 2 hours.

Edited by RC2018

3 hours ago, RC2018 said:

I have a 2 piece windshield, I had my left side replaced last fall, $1734.00, sourced from Coach Glass, covered by insurance, performed by a local glass company that came to my garage. I remember it taking about 2 hours.

2 hours sounds about right give or take a little but mine is 1600 just for labor. That part I don’t get.

3 hours ago, Michael Powell said:

Mine was $6000.00 and the installer came from 150 miles away...Come to find out glass coverage on my RV was only $50.00 more a year...

Ouch that sucks.

My insurance Progressive,said it would only fix my windshield one time due to over flexing the motorhome thus causing a cracked windshield. Out on the road I had troubles with my front airbags not inflating cause a very rough ride until I pulled over a manually put air in bags.  In that short time windshield  popped out on the ottom on both sides.  I will call today to see what they say.

6 hours ago, Hancoman said:

My insurance Progressive,said it would only fix my windshield one time due to over flexing the motorhome thus causing a cracked windshield. Out on the road I had troubles with my front airbags not inflating cause a very rough ride until I pulled over a manually put air in bags.  In that short time windshield  popped out on the ottom on both sides.  I will call today to see what they say.

I'm may be out of pocket myself. I have to wait to hear back from the adjuster but I told them the truth that it happened last fall and am wondering if they might deny it for not reporting it sooner. My wife thinks they mgiht becasue I didn't report it to them right away. I really can't see why it would matter, it's not like I just got the insurance from them. We've been with them for the last 4 years continuously. Guess I'll find out in the next couple days.

Had our 2 piece windshield replaced due to storm damage, insurance covered all but 500 deductible. Had to take to shop in hot springs ar 1hr 20min from my house.  Pulled up to dock as instructed. Had 4ft from back to road . He said my 38ft would fit. It did. Had his guys stop traffic to reposition to get even with dock.  He has been doing this for 34yrs. Let me watch and offered to take me somewhere if i wanted. Well got home and rain and leak. Called and went back. He Apologized had never had one leak before. So he worked 3hrs and on my way.rain again leak again. I pulled up laughing you never had 3 leaks before either right he laughed and said no. We had gotten to know each other by this point. But there was a caulking rep there with cases of caulk. Turns out bad caulk, he took out all caulk put in new and tried to give me 100.00 for my fuel.no i said, thank you but you are standing behind your warranty and thats good enough for me. Hasnt leaked since. Quit sending updates after every rain. Would definitely go back.

• Like 1

I've had two one piece windshields replaced by Avid Auto Glass.  each was on insurance with $500 deductible, cost of each installed on site was approx $10K (USD).  1st installer in Bartow FL was fantastic, second in Titusville FL was more like amateur night.  Would not use them again.  Based on my experiences, your costs seem reasonable.

$10,000 for a two piece RV windshield is absolutely absurd and a complete rip-off. I could have  at least 2 and maybe 3 one-piece windshields installed for that price in Florida.

• Like 1

To Clarify it was not $10k for a two piece w/s, that was for a one piece resulting from a stone chip and the following year the same thing happened 10 k each time.  Insurance paid less $500 deductibles.

2 hours ago, top flight said:

To Clarify it was not $10k for a two piece w/s, that was for a one piece resulting from a stone chip and the following year the same thing happened 10 k each time.  Insurance paid less $500 deductibles.

Ok if it was a one piece windshield that makes more sense.

My windshield hit something and cracked last year. I Called Progressive my insurer and they had Safelite contact me. All went perfectly after a few weeks waiting for new windshield to arrive. Two man crew came to our park in Palmetto FL and did the install. I paid nothing as it was fully insured. I was told it would cost slightly over $2,000. 

Safelite has an RV division for motorhomes. They were excellent to deal with. They even offer a warranty. 

RV Safelite Class A Motor home warranty.pdf

• Like 1