Locations where the VIN numner can be located

Good day, we used to have an aluminum sticker on the wall by the pilot seat of our coach that had the Vin number embossed  on it.

However, in the desert heat, that peeled off and we don't know where it is now. We have to have our coach inspected. and they have to verify the Vin number. I am wondering if  is there is another location with that Vin number stamped on something. .We have a 1998 monaco dynasty duke floor plan forty foot. Thanks. The vin number is not on any of the metal tags on the outside by the door. 

Thanks to all I figured it had to be stamped somewhere.And that little stamped metal foil thing   could be easily faked

Inside my medicine cabinet is a paper placard. I know, a strange place but it also has the weight ratings and more. 

2003 Endeavor has the VIN on the back cap inside the rear engine doors (for checking oil, radiator cleaning, etc).  It's a foil embossed sticker, no telling if that would be proof enough. 

These VINs seem to all over the place!

- bob

Yes, Seems to be no rhyme or  reason where they stuck em. Amazing that you found that one. We had the foil embossed one  just by my seat on the wall but it fell off.

There's always more then one, since the 50's at least. Some really hidden and hard to grind off, to help identify theft. Like between frame and body where they can't even be seen.

• Like 1

Our rig is in a body shop right now being restored after being totaled and will need an inspection with motor vehicle dept  to verify the Vin.  With s some if these older rigs and the road.grime, dust and rust, I imagine it's impossible to locate some of these vins. Thx

18 minutes ago, Preston W said:

Our rig is in a body shop right now being restored after being totaled and will need an inspection with motor vehicle dept  to verify the Vin.  With s some if these older rigs and the road.grime, dust and rust, I imagine it's impossible to locate some of these vins. Thx

Back to basis… Pull your Title.  Pull your Registration. Call the State DMV and give them your Plate Number. They will give you the VIN

You ALSO need to dig deeper.  Yes…it is in the shop.  Typically all you need is the State License Plate Registration.  find that or get a Duplicate. Your insurance agent has All THIS in their records.

NOW…. I’m a “SHOW ME” person. I would copy my title. I would get a local trophy shop (yes…a jewelry store can engrave $ $) to make me a small plate.

1998 Monaco Dynasty (use the floor plan number here also)

VIN XXXXXXXX

Then, since the plaque or plate will have double stick tape, attach it inside a cabinet near the front….and put the copy of the title with it.  THEN you have a permanent record.  Some states have really “convoluted” regs and almost require a “court order” to get or affix a REPLACEMENT Vin…

Good Luck.

Tom always good advice and you wouldn't think I would let the insurance company tow way our totaled vehicle away, Especially after all the work I put into getting wheel spacers on the rear duals  With your advice.  that and 50 other items. It's an old rig, but it's our baby and we have a lot of sweat equity into it. So we'll fix it up And run it until the wheels fall off!!

43 minutes ago, dl_racing427 said:

My 1993 Dynasty has a VIN plate on the firewall in the generator compartment.

And I am sure that if anyone was to look in there they would find it. As posted earlier that's where mine was when the local PD came to verify the VIN number for registration in Florida. It was dirty and had gunk all over it so I had to rub hard to read the entire VIN.

Wow the local police showed up to verify your vin? That's kind of scary glad they found it!!!

Yes, I chose to do it that way versus driving the coach to the local tax collector office so they could put eyes on the VIN to verify it. It's a special form in Florida that I got from the DMV web site that the local PD fills out and signs.

Sounds a lot easier than what I have to do.All this came about when of course, our rv was totaled. It's at the body shop right now and we're scrambling over the country at salvage yards to find replacement part. It'll have a salvage title and once repaired, I have to get a 3 day.Permit to drive it to the DMV in Scottsdale.And then they will check the Vin and do a phase.Three safety check and issue a salvage restored title so I can get some insurance, hopefully take a well deserved vacation.

• Like 1

Amazing how many places have a vin tag.  Regarding Air bag replacement, I remember doing that. Trying to find the right number Firestone bag was harder than finding one of these vin tags. We had to return a whole batch of them that were the wrong ones. Thanks

• 1 month later...