Locations where the VIN numner can be located

Just thought I would add my experience here. Many of the pictures posted on this topic are of the Roadmaster chassis vin. There should be a separate distinct vin for the vehicle itself. Many jurisdictions require that distinct vehicle vin for liscensing and insurance. Ask me how I know.  I bought a 2002 Cayman that had previously been registered with the Roadmaster vin. When I applied for my insurance and liscensing I hit a roadblock. Luckily the insurance company accepted the foil sticker with the vehicle vin stamped on it. Not so with the registration office. After much back and forth, and being able to work with a local registration office,  I did get the process completed.  

Thanks for the info.  We have  a safety inspection with Arizona Dept of Motor Vehicles after our RV is repaired. It was totaled and the first thing they do is look for that VIN. We did have a little metal tag with the vin on it but it peeled off, not sure where it is, and don't think they would even accept that. I am saving all the possible places from the posters and will just go through them all!

Best

Preston