Wanting input on how to upgrade cams

I’ve spoken to PWhittle and Paul has given me some great ideas. I have formulated what I would kike to have but not sure if there are products I can purchase to make this happen. 

So I have an 03 Signature and I want to get 4 new cams for my coach. ONE to replace my back up camera, TWO for my side views (one on each side mirror) and ONE as a dash cam. The interior camera over the drivers head is working OK and rarely used. 

Ii would like the monitor to be wide enough to have all 4 views side by side by side by side and mounted above the driver’s head under the overhead cabinets. The monitor should be able to show each split in a 4” or 5” x 4” or 5”.

Obviously this would be a wide screen or I could get one screen per cam and mount them side by side etc. I think all the “brains” could go in the cabinet above my head. 

if the cost isn’t too too much, I would like them all to record and write over the oldest data.  Also, again, if not cost prohibitive, I would like to be able to zoom in/out and rotate the cams as needed. 

Can I get your feedback on my wishlist?  I DO NOT TALK TECH TALK. Not because I don’t want to, but because I am ignorant about these things. I would appreciate any input about possibilities and cost. 

I forgot to add, one of the screens will need to be able to toggle from its default view to the interior camera view (which will be used at night as an interior security camera. Or I could replace the Sony screen in my dash to display the interior cam. 
TIA

Keith Howard

Edited by Keith H.
Forgot to add something

7 hours ago, Keith H. said:

I’ve spoken to PWhittle and Paul has given me some great ideas. I have formulated what I would kike to have but not sure if there are products I can purchase to make this happen. 

So I have an 03 Signature and I want to get 4 new cams for my coach. ONE to replace my back up camera, TWO for my side views (one on each side mirror) and ONE as a dash cam. The interior camera over the drivers head is working OK and rarely used. 

Ii would like the monitor to be wide enough to have all 4 views side by side by side by side and mounted above the driver’s head under the overhead cabinets. The monitor should be able to show each split in a 4” or 5” x 4” or 5”.

Obviously this would be a wide screen or I could get one screen per cam and mount them side by side etc. I think all the “brains” could go in the cabinet above my head. 

if the cost isn’t too too much, I would like them all to record and write over the oldest data.  Also, again, if not cost prohibitive, I would like to be able to zoom in/out and rotate the cams as needed. 

Can I get your feedback on my wishlist?  I DO NOT TALK TECH TALK. Not because I don’t want to, but because I am ignorant about these things. I would appreciate any input about possibilities and cost. 

I forgot to add, one of the screens will need to be able to toggle from its default view to the interior camera view (which will be used at night as an interior security camera. Or I could replace the Sony screen in my dash to display the interior cam. 
TIA

Keith Howard

There is a YouTube channel called AZexpert. The guy is a master mechanic on motorhomes. He recently did a very good video on a four camera system he installed on his Beaver. That may be worth a watch.

• Like 1

Check out the below topic. He gives a great write up about installing the 360 degree camera. I pretty much followed his write up to install mine. I really like it. 

Extensive facelift, paint, and new electronics for a 2000 Monaco Diplomat

I'm wondering of it might be worth considering two or more systems.  I have not observed one super system that would do all you ask, but I would definitely be interested myself if there was such. 

I think a 360 system would be limited to be good for 360, but not effective for features you are looking for.  The highest maturity seems to be in dash an/or backup views.  Personally, I like the concept of rear-view mirror displays like WOLFBOX G840S, but we don't have an existing mirror to attach it to.  However, that could be solved with a custom mount on the dash.

I have seen implementations of side-view products.  Some are "custom", but can be implemented with features such as recording and security. See the following: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0m6PnLSwPU

As for pan and zoom, good luck.  I have yet to see anything 12V, with the only choices I have noticed are home-security cameras - but maybe that is an option.

Edited by DBRV.0
Clarified link instructions

@Keith H.,

Wiring varies between camera systems, so it would be very helpful if you could share your current brand and model number(s) for your current video system cameras and your in-dash monitor.

If you can accomplish this, you may be able to same a substantial amount of money because the forum members assisting you will not be working in the dark.

When we purchased our Monaco 4 years ago this coming July, the triple camera Weldex system was performing erratically.  When it did work video quality was poor and grainy, with screen mounted in dash, the overall video quality was making it quite difficult to discern.  As I was looking to increase screen size and possibly mount on top of dash, I did go to Weldex and RV camera specific websites to see their offerings.  Similar to anything geared for RVs, cameras were outrageously priced.  Would have preferred the easy plug and play route but being still nimble for a senior citizen, running new cabling was in the cards on this mod.

I went on Amazon and researched multi-camera systems with 10" and larger video screens.  After reading reviews on dozens of available camera systems I ordered a 4 camera system, when I just checked for this post the exact model is not currently available, although there are dozens of similar systems that abound Amazon.  A few days later it arrived on my doorstep, I took a couple of hours to run new cabling under motorcoach and mount new cameras.  Decided to place the full color camera screen atop of dash along side Scangauge 3, GPS, and TPMS monitors,  four years later it is still performing as the day it was installed.   

I configured display to have rear camera view on top half of screen and side camera views on bottom half, all cameras are available at all times and can be configured in any split or full screen view we choose.  I ran power independently to the system so multi-camera system can function when I deemed necessary, having multiple cameras displayed while driving and parking is great when manhandling this 40' beast through construction zones and tight RV sites.   As this camera system is DVR capable, they can also double as security cameras while away from RV site or for when in a crowded park, keeps an eye on those with sticky fingers.

@Keith H.,

Thank you for sharing your Camera model information.  I could not find any information on your existing camera system, so you will be setter off going wireless provided that you don't want to pay for the expensive labor of installing new wired cameras.

Although Wireless systems can sometimes have connectivity interference issues, here is a fully integrated wireless camera system with good support from Furrion:

https://furrion.com/products/7-vision-s-4-camera-system-with-led-marker-lights

You can also compare the Furrion solution to the wireless series of cameras from @Paul J A recommendation above.

Since your coach is already wired with cameras that require 12V for operation, going with the Furrion solution will provide the lowest installation cost.  The furrion cameras can tap into the existing 12V provided via your existing camera wiring.

Edited by CAT Stephen