identify fan control and extra connector

Like many posting previously, the fans on my 2003 signature, ISX 525 run full speed all the time. Before I bother the guys at Source Engineering, I'm hoping those of you who have already been told and tried to both plug the two lines and then join the two lines can help me out. Looking at the picture, is this the control I should be working on with the two lines, and if so, what size / type of plugs and union should I be getting? After trying both "tests," what conclusions can be drawn?

Other picture: near the fan control (if that's what it is) I have this extra connector hanging, and I don't see a mate. I know it could just be unused, but any ideas what it might be for on another coach? BTW, the loose wires on the other connector have already been repaired.

mh Sauer-Danfoss fan control 1.jpeg

mh extra connector.jpeg

Edited by joefromperry
add info

I have a 2003 ISX as well. My fan would run wide open all the time. 

I did not do any tests, I just took it in to have the wax valve installed. Source did it for the business that I was working with for some other repairs. 

Has worked flawlessly, knock on wood, since the wax valve install. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, joefromperry said:

Like many posting previously, the fans on my 2003 signature, ISX 525 run full speed all the time. Before I bother the guys at Source Engineering, I'm hoping those of you who have already been told and tried to both plug the two lines and then join the two lines can help me out. Looking at the picture, is this the control I should be working on with the two lines, and if so, what size / type of plugs and union should I be getting? After trying both "tests," what conclusions can be drawn?

Other picture: near the fan control (if that's what it is) I have this extra connector hanging, and I don't see a mate. I know it could just be unused, but any ideas what it might be for on another coach? BTW, the loose wires on the other connector have already been repaired.

mh Sauer-Danfoss fan control 1.jpeg

mh extra connector.jpeg

There were a LOT of posts by a RIP member and he helped folks “fix” their S-D devices……not always, but high success.  He concluded, and some members with hands on experience may chime in.  This was on an 06 ISL Dynasty.

He found evidence of moisture and corrosion inside the S-D unit.  He took it apart….as in pulling the cover off or maybe pulling the board out.  Cleaned all the connections or checked them.  I don’t know if he used the time honored trick of spraying the board with WD 40 to displace any moisture and then a “ELECTRONIC CLEANER” Bath (not ELECTRICAL).  That has solved countless moisture and corrosion issues.

He also checked all the connections (electrical) from the ECM to the unit snd to the controller) and clesned them.  He did mount the controller 180 from OEM to prevent further buildup of moisture.  This has generally solved issues….but if the S-D is bad or damaged….NOPE.

Do a Key Word search…use SAUER or SAUER-DANFOSS or FAN or FAN CONTROLLER….or mix a few.   THEN select TOPICS from the EVERYWHERE Drop Down menu.   Sauer and Fan gets you a lot 2 pages back to 2020.  May be more with other combinations…

Good Luck

• Like 1

Yours does not look anything like my wax valve. I have no electrical connections as the valve in mounted in the back radiator tank. I have the same mfg but totally different. 

2 hours ago, Tom Cherry said:

There were a LOT of posts by a RIP member and he helped folks “fix” their S-D devices……not always, but high success.  He concluded, and some members with hands on experience may chime in.  This was on an 06 ISL Dynasty.

He found evidence of moisture and corrosion inside the S-D unit.  He took it apart….as in pulling the cover off or maybe pulling the board out.  Cleaned all the connections or checked them.  I don’t know if he used the time honored trick of spraying the board with WD 40 to displace any moisture and then a “ELECTRONIC CLEANER” Bath (not ELECTRICAL).  That has solved countless moisture and corrosion issues.

He also checked all the connections (electrical) from the ECM to the unit snd to the controller) and clesned them.  He did mount the controller 180 from OEM to prevent further buildup of moisture.  This has generally solved issues….but if the S-D is bad or damaged….NOPE.

Do a Key Word search…use SAUER or SAUER-DANFOSS or FAN or FAN CONTROLLER….or mix a few.   THEN select TOPICS from the EVERYWHERE Drop Down menu.   Sauer and Fan gets you a lot 2 pages back to 2020.  May be more with other combinations…

Good Luck

Thank you, Tom. I will probably take it apart to clean it; I'm already working on checking the electrical connections and cleaning them with DeoxiT. Fingers crossed.

2 hours ago, timaz996 said:

Yours does not look anything like my wax valve. I have no electrical connections as the valve in mounted in the back radiator tank. I have the same mfg but totally different. 

In researching I've realized that the controls are either wax valve, as you have mounted on the radiator, or the S-D controller as I have. Not seeing anything for or against either.