2002 Windsor Power Gear Slideout

Go to solution Solved by jacwjames,

I have a 2002 Windsor with a Power Gear Slide Out System that needs to be adjusted. When the main slide is retracted the floor is being scraped on one end. Are there slide rollers that need to be looked at in addition to adjusting the slide. Thank you in advanced.

I have a 2002 Windsor PKD.

I had to adjust the rollers under the kitchen cabinet.

There 4 rollers total, 2 under the cabinet accessible from the inside.  2 rollers under the couch accessible from the outside, one in the front wheel well that has a plastic cover over it, and one in the basement compartment ceiling

I had to lift the rear of the slide as it was dragging the ceramic tile floor.  I removed the lower drawer and the false floor under the sink to access the rollers.  I just turned the adjusting screw to lift the slide, didn't need much.   I'd recommend checking how the outside looks to make sure it seals when the slide is in & out.   These rollers are actually mounted on the slide

I didn't fool with the ones under the couch, these rollers are mounted on the floor. 

Edited by jacwjames

So James, just what are some of the visuall clues that the slide is dragging? I been noticing when i put out my slide there is now a dark line on my tile where the rollor sits in transit. Its the one closest to the kitchen sink, slide works as good as it always has. I suspect calm before the storm🤦‍♂️

• Solution

When mine started to drag it was the rear of the slide, which stuck out further since I had a Neocorner type cabinet, the bottom was dragging the tile and actually started pulling the fabric insert off the outer lip of the slide.

Back in 2012 I was pulling my slide in, my wife had placed a small carpet in front of the kitchen cabinet and I forgot to move it.  Slide caught the carpet and the slide stopped dead.  Took a lot of force to pull the carpet out and at the point the slide would not move,  Checked fuses etc and concluded it was the motor.  Unfortunately I was headed out of country and couldn't deal with it and my wife was headed south in the coach.  Got on line and found a replacement motor and had it shipped to my wifes friends house where she was headed.  Friends husband installed and that fixed the slide problem.  He put the motor in the basement. 

About 6 months later I finally got a chance to look at the motor,  Took it apart and really couldn't find a problem.  Cleaned it all up, cleaned the grooves in the armature and reset the brushes, put it all back together and tested with a battery charger, it worked.  Not sure what was the problem, maybe one of the brushes had arched and lost contact.