In need of new intercooler and radiator

Good time of the day to you all.

Recently I have discovered that I leak boost thru intercooler. 

(I skipping a lot in my story telling to save time. Trust me - it took some time and getting dirty to find out.)

Right now J.B. Weld doing great job keeping it tight. 

My question is: Any references to as what in the 2002 Windsor?  brand / name/ part #/ size ??? I did look up in parts catalog on the website - just references to rad. shops.

My educational guess while sitting on the couch is -  to take it all apart and drive around searching who can make me one like this one - new.  I will need to replace main radiator as well while im in there. 

What your thoughts guys?

Greg.

Source engineering in Oregon will get you the “cool pack” radiator, transmission cooler, charge air cooler.

I took my 2000 Dynasty to them and they did the install. Took in in at 8am - got it back at about 11:00am the next day (they said up to 2 days).

I have loved having a clean new radiator- I used to baby my rig up hills or it would send me high temp warnings (and even then if the hill was big), now no issues.

you can get the radiator model number off your build sheet - but they will want you to verify it on the radiator tag.

Good Luck

• Like 1

I just went through this; when I replaced my radiator (from C, G, & J) on my 2003 signature, I found that my CAC was leaking whole bunches along one of the headers / tanks.  The tubes had pulled away a little in one corner, and when I pressurized and sprayed soapy water, lots and lots of bubbles. A new cooler is ballpark $4k, so I figured I had nothing to lose by trying to fix it. First I tapped the tank with a rubber mallet and it closed the gap nicely. I replaced the broken screws and added a couple; then, setting the CAC onto its end, leaking side down, I poured a lot of West Systems two-part epoxy all along the tubes to tank side. About an hour later I repeated the process. The next day when I pressurized the CAC, I had no leaks at all,  and it held 18 psi for a few minutes, which I found out is more than acceptable. You didn't say where your leak was, but if along the tank side, this might work for you.

• Like 2

Take it to a reputable rad repair shop. They can usually be properly repaired.  I had my CAC repaired as it was leaking as well. 

• Like 1

Been thru the whole shooten match a yr back on my Windsor. I used Source Eng. They can get you a new one from the same place that built yours if you need it. Your part number could still be on your CAC. I don’t remember if it’s stamped on the bottom plate or on a tag. 

Here is the parts page for my 2002 Windsor radiator stack, should be the same as yours but need to confirm.   Do a search for RS4125, which is the assembly number.  Removed the CAC and had it checked, it leaked pretty bad, had a local company redo it, ~$1650.  I increase my boost by 2psi

Source Engineering is one option, another is Radiator Supply House   https://radiatorsupplyhouse.com/products/monaco-charge-air-cooler-g-mon260r-r0002964-055-rs-4125-rs-4595-38x20-710261

In 2015 I had to replace my radiator.  I opted to try a CG&J radiator, I took one long trip in 2015 and noticed higher tranny temps but attributed to climbing a long grade in to high of gear.  Life got in the way and didn't use the coach again until 2021.  I noticed high tranny temps, usually when stuck in traffic or after pulling off interstate.  Temps would go +230F.  Then when I go home after a ~6K mile trip and parked in my garage I found the radiator leaking/seeing.  Used some Irontite to seal it.  >>>> Dr4Film @Richard D had the same thing happen to his CF&J radiator, coincidence, I think not.

I finally solved my tranny heating problem by adding a separate cooler. 

1 Radiator a$!.pdf

Edited by jacwjames

Good morning Greg!  I'm not a frequent user of Monacoers but will say these folks are very knowledgeable and have helped me in many ways. That being said I will tell my story. I have used a local Radiator shop that has been in business since 1981. There big in building and repairing cooling systems for a lot of different mining equipment. So I started having an issue with my original Radiator leaking on the left side at the top. I took the Coach down to my local shop to either repair or replace the original. This was in Feb. of 2023. Long story short since this first visit to my local shop I'm now on the 3rd Radiator (2-aluminum, 1-copper brass) the 2 aluminum Radiators both leaked at the same spot and the most recent copper brass Radiator I am taking back in to them tomorrow to repar a leak on the front side around a bung with a bad weld. So come to find out the company that they use and have used for many years for some of their mining equipment is called CG & J. Others on this forum I have now read have not had good interactions with. I definitely would not recommend CG & J under any circumstances. Just my 2cents. 

• Like 2

I had a great experience with Radiator Supply House. Very reputable company. I would check around your local area for a shop that Dora’s truck radiator work. They will likely be able to recore yours and repair your CAC for ALOT less money

• Like 1

I don't understand the pricing structure on radiators and CAC. You can buy a radiator for less than $1000.00 including big boys up to 15L capacity. I've seen them for $600.00 on amazon and Ebay. Amazon comments another thread. Tell them its  for a motor home and it seems like they automatically add a zero.

Edited by Gary Cole
  • Like 1

Well for one thing they are about 4” thick, not saying I don’t agree with you. If you want it to fit and made to the OE specs I would use Source. They have the build drawings. I’ve Been thru the whole shooten match a yr or so back on my Windsor. I used Source Eng. They can get you a new one from the same place that built yours if you need it. The builder will not talk to you directly you have to go thru Source. Your part number could still be on your CAC.  

IMG_0748.png

IMG_0749.png

IMG_0750.png

IMG_0751.png

Edited by tmw188

Once my radiator started leaking enough for me to get involved, when i took it out i took it to a radiator repair shop, the radiator was all aluminum an i was told due to electrolysis that it wouldnt be worth the effort as it would just start leaking shortly in another spot. So i too opted to replace mine with the upgraded model.IMG_5789.thumb.jpeg.97a9c809a11f64b11aa1b5a7fd1139e3.jpegIMG_5939.thumb.jpeg.8496b3b6183069b7bfba96caf1d5c70e.jpegBe sure if you have a rear radiator to do yourself a favor an concider replacing, coolant pump, T-stat, belt an hoses at the same time as access to those items with the radiator in place is difficult.

• Like 2

On 6/25/2024 at 7:31 AM, Verde_Windsor said:

Good time of the day to you all.

Recently I have discovered that I leak boost thru intercooler. 

(I skipping a lot in my story telling to save time. Trust me - it took some time and getting dirty to find out.)

Right now J.B. Weld doing great job keeping it tight. 

My question is: Any references to as what in the 2002 Windsor?  brand / name/ part #/ size ??? I did look up in parts catalog on the website - just references to rad. shops.

My educational guess while sitting on the couch is -  to take it all apart and drive around searching who can make me one like this one - new.  I will need to replace main radiator as well while im in there. 

What your thoughts guys?

Greg.

Intercooler, after cooler, charge air cooler, they are all designed to do the same thing, cool the air after it leaves the turbo charger and before it enters the engine. Considering your coach has an air to air after cooler, if JB Weld his sealed the leak, leave it alone. If it starts to leak again, it's not going to leave you sitting on the side of the road and will get you home. 

Can I ask, how you found the leak?

Edited by Kenster