2008 Executive Dash Air Conditioner Compressor

My compressor on my 08 Exec is froze up,  I am trying to locate manufacturer and model number of the compressor looked in files and found a reference to one for a 2008 Sig. Could the exec have the same compressor

You may already know this... but I did not.  I thought mine was froze up but when I put refrigerant in it started spinning.  If your system is low that might be an easy fix. 

Auto Zone loans the AC gauge set at no cost so you can check the system for what's going wrong. YouTube has several videos on how to use the gauges. If it shows you are low on refrigerant do not add too much as most sold in auto stores come with oil in it and you can overload the system with oil; it's a big pain to evacuate it. Some repair shops will put on the gauges and give you a quick reading on the refrigerant level, probably for no cost.

Likely the same compressor with the same engine but to be sure, compare the mounting arrangement and port location on the compressor.  Auto zone also rents vacuum pump if you need to evacuate it. I had to fix mine on a toad in a state park in Winslow and the local store had everything I needed.

2 hours ago, philcarrell said:

My compressor on my 08 Exec is froze up,  I am trying to locate manufacturer and model number of the compressor looked in files and found a reference to one for a 2008 Sig. Could the exec have the same compressor

Is the clutch engaging?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, philcarrell said:

Do you have the Data Cards for your coach?? It's listed on those. 

I replaced mine. Purchased AC compressor Sanden 4822 Aero Climate #1101290 $323.68,  from Aero Climate Control Inc. 2012 Industrial Blvd. Rockwell, TX 75087 #972-772-5506 www.a parts.com. Talk with Robert he is very knowledgeable with Motorhomes. They were very helpful and responsive. They shipped the item timely and was pack safely. If you do have to replace the compressor, you will have to flush the lines, condenser and evaporator. I had to use 2 gallons (very expensive) to flush clean. I would also suggest changing out the dryer and expansion valve. Hope this helps and wish you the best.

2007 Holiday Rambler 330HP 40-foot

6 hours ago, 96 EVO said:

Is the clutch engaging?

No and I added 36 oz of freon.

4 hours ago, MrAmbassador said:

I replaced mine. Purchased AC compressor Sanden 4822 Aero Climate #1101290 $323.68,  from Aero Climate Control Inc. 2012 Industrial Blvd. Rockwell, TX 75087 #972-772-5506 www.a parts.com. Talk with Robert he is very knowledgeable with Motorhomes. They were very helpful and responsive. They shipped the item timely and was pack safely. If you do have to replace the compressor, you will have to flush the lines, condenser and evaporator. I had to use 2 gallons (very expensive) to flush clean. I would also suggest changing out the dryer and expansion valve. Hope this helps and wish you the best.

2007 Holiday Rambler 330HP 40-foot

Thanks.

4 hours ago, Paul J A said:

Do you have the Data Cards for your coach?? It's listed on those. 

Will look

6 hours ago, 96 EVO said:

Is the clutch engaging?

No

Found Data sheet it is a Sanden 4475, thanks all didn't think of looking at it.

• Like 1

Just GOOGLE Sanden Air Compressor 4475. They are all over the internet with pricing from $180.00 TO $320.00. Amazon has one for $181.00.

Definitely Replace the drier. Flush the system with Nitrogen. Make sure you add the correct amount of AC(PAK) Compressor Oil. It is not necessary to replace the expansion valve unless you have an issue charging the system. If the expansion valve is bad the system may not take Freon or your Low pressure will be to high or to low and you will have a very high side pressure.

Replacing the AC compressor and Drier and servicing the system is not rocket science. If you are uncomfortable doing it yourself, Take it to a professional. Most shops will get about $1000.00+/_ to do the job parts and labor.

It is very simple to determine if the AC Compressor is locked up. The pulley portion of the compressor should turn easily when the AC is off and the engine is running. The inner part of the pulley is the compressor clutch and engages the Pulley when the AC is turned on and power is applied to the clutch coil. If the pulley starts to seize and not turn, then the compressor is locked up and will also burn up the belt. The simpler way to determine if the compressor is locked up is to try and rotate the clutch with the AC off. If it does not rotate the compressor if locked up.

28 minutes ago, Chargerman said:

If it was seized you would have smoked the belt

I took that chance, but, I was back at the engine manually applying 12v to the clutch, so I could have disconnected as soon as I saw the belt slip on the pulley!

My issue was a failed switch up at the evaporator, not allowing the clutch to engage.

Compressor was fine.

Replacing the compressor is so easy if you have a side radiator. I removed mine and then removed the lines off at the front. Then bought a few cans of brake cleaner and sprayed it into one line at a time and then used compressed air to blow the line out. Repeated this process a few times until all of the crap was out and the line was relatively clear. Installed a new dryer and the new compressor and brought it to a shop to recharge it. That was 7 years ago and it still blows cold today