2001 Monaco Windsor - Slides do not operate!

Hey everyone! You have all been a great help in my very intense journey so far. I have a 2001 Monaco Windsor PBD. I have 2 slides on my coach that do not extend. When I hit the button nothing happens, same with the bedroom slide. It sounds like it could be the fuse on the slide control board, HOWEVER, I cannot for the life of me find it. I'm adding a picture of the riveted diagram on my passenger rear electrical bay, as well as the actual image of the bay. As you can see, the slide control board is just not there. I saw another post that said his was in his inverter bay but it's not there either. Any suggestions are welcome. 

Snapchat-88411243.jpg

Snapchat-62429839.jpg

Edited by CutGrass91

My slide controller is mounted on the floor of the compartment

Do you have a wiring diagram of your coach. 

My guess is the relay block on the mounted on the lower left side of the compartment.   It looks like there is a wire coming from the salesman switch, this is where my controller gets its power.  The rest of the wires are in a connector that connects to the control board.  Look at your wiring diagram and see if the wiring matches the controller.  The relays may do the same thing. 

Attached is the wiring for the relays. When you open it the lines will be blurry, hit CTRL5 and it will clear right up.

You might see if the colors match the ones going to the relay block.  

2002_Windsor_wiring_diagrams Rear Passenger side electric Slide relay wiring..pdf

30 minutes ago, jacwjames said:

My slide controller is mounted on the floor of the compartment

Do you have a wiring diagram of your coach. 

My guess is the relay block on the mounted on the lower left side of the compartment.   It looks like there is a wire coming from the salesman switch, this is where my controller gets its power.  The rest of the wires are in a connector that connects to the control board.  Look at your wiring diagram and see if the wiring matches the controller.  The relays may do the same thing. 

Attached is the wiring for the relays. When you open it the lines will be blurry, hit CTRL5 and it will clear right up.

You might see if the colors match the ones going to the relay block.  

2002_Windsor_wiring_diagrams Rear Passenger side electric Slide relay wiring..pdf 111.67 kB · 4 downloads

Page 236 of the manual (which is a farce for that year…3 pages of how to use a video switcher….and nary a word about the slide controller)..

Circuit Breaker 1, is a 15 AMP.  See if that has tripped or the lever is down.

FROM MEMORY.  BAY DOOR switches and park break switch must be made to even allow power to the elusive controller.

Wish i had more. The Windsor manuals were not Monaco’s greatest achievement…..

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tom Cherry said:

Page 236 of the manual (which is a farce for that year…3 pages of how to use a video switcher….and nary a word about the slide controller)..

Circuit Breaker 1, is a 15 AMP.  See if that has tripped or the lever is down.

FROM MEMORY.  BAY DOOR switches and park break switch must be made to even allow power to the elusive controller.

Wish i had more. The Windsor manuals were not Monaco’s greatest achievement…..

Agreed. There's an entire page dedicated to explaining how batteries work on a chemical level too. Unreal. I've checked that #1 spot already and does not seem to be the issue.

Try opening and slamming the doors under your front slide.  I have one that the inhibitor switch doesn't close and the slide won't work.  Open and slam it shut and it works.

I looked at the 2000 Windsor wiring diagram and it also shows a slide controller so no telling what's going on with yours. 

I also have a generator slide that uses the same controller.  Just for laughs you might check your front drivers side electrical bay and see if there might be two slide controllers in that compartment and/or what they might be using there. 

The last time I had trouble with my slides it was also one of the inhibitor switches.  From appearance it looked good. 

I tried everything to get the slides to work.  The controller kept blowing the fuse.  I finally removed the wiring harness from the slide controller and check each wire to ground and found the one for the door switches was grounded out.  Started checking and when I felt the back side of one of the inhibitor switches it fell apart in my hand.  I carried a spare so I replaced it and that solved the problem. 

1 minute ago, jacwjames said:

The last time I had trouble with my slides it was also one of the inhibitor switches.  From appearance it looked good. 

I tried everything to get the slides to work.  The controller kept blowing the fuse.  I finally removed the wiring harness from the slide controller and check each wire to ground and found the one for the door switches was grounded out.  Started checking and when I felt the back side of one of the inhibitor switches it fell apart in my hand.  I carried a spare so I replaced it and that solved the problem. 

Where would I find the inhibitor switch? I feel like my main issue is I just can't find my slide control board anywhere!

29 minutes ago, CutGrass91 said:

Where would I find the inhibitor switch? I feel like my main issue is I just can't find my slide control board anywhere!

My basement compartment doors have plunger type switches up in the corner. Keeps the slide from opening when the door is open. When I broke the wire,  the slide thought the door was open and wouldn't work.  No clicking, nothing, just wouldn't open until I fixed the broken wire...

5 hours ago, mdgabe said:

My basement compartment doors have plunger type switches up in the corner. Keeps the slide from opening when the door is open. When I broke the wire,  the slide thought the door was open and wouldn't work.  No clicking, nothing, just wouldn't open until I fixed the broken wire...

Possibly, I'll have to check all the switches but they all seem to be fine at first glance. I'll take a multimeter to them when I get home and ensure they're functional.

I made up jumpers for every door that had a plunger type switch. I was tired of having temporary problems with those switches.

Of course, you have to be cognizant of NOT moving the slide with one of those bay doors under the slide adjusted to WIDE OPEN.

My guess is that those three relays control your two slides. One of the three relays is your ignition lockout relay.