Centramatic Balancers VS Tire Beads

when they installed my new Goodyears, they put tire Beads in both front tires, there is also Centramatic Balancers , I still have an balance issue, I am considering taking the Centramatic's off and trying the tires with just the beads as the place I conyacted says the Beads and the Centramats's are working against each other, was thinking or removing both and spin balancing the tires or should I remove the Beads and just use the Centramatic's? Thanks

• Like 1

Obviously, the tire shop you had gone does not have the expertise or knowledge on how to properly balance tires. I would choose a more reputable tire shop for the future.

Remove the beads and just use the Centramatic's. Not sure why they decided to install both unless they were told to do it.

I started with ceramic beads then slowly switched to Balance Masters. Both due a good job but the Balance Masters will last forever whereas the beads will not. Plus the Balance Masters are easier to deal with than the beads.

Bottom-line, it's your choice. The decision is up to you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Superpro14 said:

when they installed my new Goodyears, they put tire Beads in both front tires, there is also Centramatic Balancers , I still have an balance issue, I am considering taking the Centramatic's off and trying the tires with just the beads as the place I conyacted says the Beads and the Centramats's are working against each other, was thinking or removing both and spin balancing the tires or should I remove the Beads and just use the Centramatic's? Thanks

DO NOT USE BOTH.  They are fighting each other.  MOST tire shops are using the cheap, NON CERAMIC beads.  HIGH Profit.  These beads will eventually self destruct.  People report they look like “saccharine” after a few years.  The ONLY beads that work are the Ceramics…. DYNA was or IS the gold standard….here and universally on other forums.

If you run TPMS, be prepared for the sensors to become “flaky”….the sensors get plugged up….Dyna is ceramic and big enough NOT to mess up a sensor.  Folks here, for 15 years have a WORLD of experience…. Many are switching to the DISKS…and abandoning DYNA BEADS.

I would complain…make them pull off the tires.  Refund the cost of the beads. Wash and dry the inside of the tires.  Remount.  If they refused….call the credit card company.  Dispute the charge.  They messed up….greed or stupid or BOTH.

• Thanks 1

Centramatics and Beads are essentially the same thing....they are rotational masses to counteract tire / wheel imbalance.

They don't "fight with each other"...as a matter of fact they reinforce each other.  It's like putting more beads in a bead only tire.

When one puts in beads, they also need to put in filtered air valves.

I suspect the real issue you are having so much issues is a bent wheel, or more than likely a crappy manufactured tire and / or a belt that has shifted.

A decent tire shop can determine this on spin balancer once all beads are removed.  Look for flat spot on the tire, hopping, wobbling, or major tire imbalance that is beyond the "double weights" to address.

Beads are used successfully on tons of over the road trucks.  That's not the problem.

Let's also make sure that your shocks are actually working and not allowing the axle to bounce unrestricted that can certainly feel like a tire imbalance.

Edited by DavidL
  • Like 2

I've had both they are a waste of money. Find a tire dealer that dose "Road Force Balancing" They have machines that will balance the biggest RV tire out there . My Monaco ride like it's on glass. watch a few you tube videos on it. 

I will respectfully disagree with your statement above. Balance Masters are NOT a waste of money nor were the Dyna Beads I used for my first set of Bridgestone Tires on my Windsor. The Dyna Beads worked exactly as they are advertised and my current Balance Masters are even better.

The Road Force Balancing on our 22.5 inch huge tires in my opinion IS a waste of money. It is just another glorified "term" for dynamic balancing which for some tire and wheel combinations is worth the additional expense.

5 hours ago, Superpro14 said:

What is Road Force Balancing and what procedure do they use?

Thanks

It's done on a machine that uses a roller to put force on the tire during the balance operation.
It's supposed to take any runout or varying stiffness into account, and compensate with balance weight.
It may be effective on passenger car tires, but I have my doubts it makes much difference on larger vehicles.

• Like 1