Medallion Gauges

Ken Smith

Does anyone have information on the 4 pin Medallion Instrument gauges used in the late 2007 Camelot/Scepter. I am looking for the pin diagram and service manual for a Fuel/Trans/Volt Medallion dash gauge. Also trying to confirm what type of cpu these gauges connect with to convert the analog to digital for the gauges.

Thanks,

Ken

20240628_155901.jpg

20240628_155910.jpg

20240628_170640.jpg

20240628_170709.jpg

Here is everything I have. 

I am curious what you are planning for the dash. Sounds like a nice upgrade. I replaced my actual plastic panel with a flat piece of aluminum covered with vinyl. Looks great and allowed me to move the darn AC vents. They blew cold air on my knees only. I moved the instruments around a bit too.

Instrument Panel.pdf Medallion Instrumentation Service Manual (Spartan) RevA.pdf message_center_medallion.pdf

OK...this is a pure GUESS.  The 2008 Gauges (Medallions) on the Camelot/Scepters were different.  NOW.. ..  Monaco also did make an upgrade to the electrical system. BUT, one does NOT know if the main Chassis Harness was changed.  I had an errant alarm issue with mine...as in the SAME Harness for the Dynasty (and up) was used on the Camelots.  Don't know about the Diplomats and lower.

Bottom line, I worked with Monaco Tech and then called Medallion.  They sent me this information.  It DOES list the Pinouts from the Chassis Harness to the Medallion.

I would contact Medallion.  If you look at my system...there are THREE main input connectors. That goes into the main cluster.  From what I was told, the main cluster is actually the "CPU/Brain" and then the remote MPX connectors (4 Pin) are used.

Sort of Piggybacking on what Myron just posted.  My system has the multi button unit on the driver's console.  BUT the gauge array for his 2008 is different from the Camelot/Scepter in 2008.

OK...  I have a LOT of different model years on my laptop to help members.  I ASSUME you have drawings.  The scanned copy we have was really light. I enhanced the PDF of the dash so it is more legible and has better contrast.

Here is the dash layout for your system

M3 ILB system connectors_pinouts.pdf 2007 Camelot_Scepter Dash ENHANCED PRINT 16623091.pdf

Myron and Tom,

Thanks for the info you both had on the Medallion gauges. No  plans to change or customize my dash,  just chasing a grounding issue that keeps popping up with fuel gauge, headlights and front automotion visor shades.  My 2007 HR Scepter was one of the last two built and titled as a 2007.  It appears it has a lot of the changes Monaco made in the 2008 Camelot/ Scepter Coaches. 

The fuel gauge has had a grounding issue for a long time. Back when Monaco was a real company  I was talking with Jessi in the service dept. in Colberg and he told me to it was a grounding issue. He suggested adding another ground on the gauge and one on the sending unit.  I added a ground strap from the sending unit to the frame which helped some but still was intermittent. After Monaco was gutted I never could find anybody that had actually had real world knowledge of old school Monaco Coaches so I ignored the grounding problem till now.  I have spent the last few days chasing this ground gremlin and this is what I  have found.

1. With a full fuel tank I can turn on headlights and the fuel gauge drop to under half tank. 

2. Automotion Shade frt. passenger visor shade will not go up or down when I turn on headlights. Drivers side visor works correctly.

3. Both Driver and Passenger visors work correctly when light switch is in running light position or turn off.

4. Passenger Visor operation is the same using the drivers side switch or the passenger side switch.

My thought was to add a new ground strap to the MEDALLION MMCD but I  can't find it.  Guess I will call  Medallion on Monday and see what information they have. At this point it looks like I may have the same Medallion system as the 2008 Camelot/Scepter.

1 hour ago, Ken Smith said:

Myron and Tom,

Thanks for the info you both had on the Medallion gauges. No  plans to change or customize my dash,  just chasing a grounding issue that keeps popping up with fuel gauge, headlights and front automotion visor shades.  My 2007 HR Scepter was one of the last two built and titled as a 2007.  It appears it has a lot of the changes Monaco made in the 2008 Camelot/ Scepter Coaches. 

The fuel gauge has had a grounding issue for a long time. Back when Monaco was a real company  I was talking with Jessi in the service dept. in Colberg and he told me to it was a grounding issue. He suggested adding another ground on the gauge and one on the sending unit.  I added a ground strap from the sending unit to the frame which helped some but still was intermittent. After Monaco was gutted I never could find anybody that had actually had real world knowledge of old school Monaco Coaches so I ignored the grounding problem till now.  I have spent the last few days chasing this ground gremlin and this is what I  have found.

1. With a full fuel tank I can turn on headlights and the fuel gauge drop to under half tank. 

2. Automotion Shade frt. passenger visor shade will not go up or down when I turn on headlights. Drivers side visor works correctly.

3. Both Driver and Passenger visors work correctly when light switch is in running light position or turn off.

4. Passenger Visor operation is the same using the drivers side switch or the passenger side switch.

My thought was to add a new ground strap to the MEDALLION MMCD but I  can't find it.  Guess I will call  Medallion on Monday and see what information they have. At this point it looks like I may have the same Medallion system as the 2008 Camelot/Scepter.

Here are a couple more files:

1 hour ago, Ken Smith said:

Here is everything I have. 

I am curious what you are planning for the dash. Sounds like a nice upgrade. I replaced my actual plastic panel with a flat piece of aluminum covered with vinyl. Looks great and allowed me to move the darn AC vents. They blew cold air on my knees only. I moved the instruments around a bit too.

Dash area 1.jpg

Dash area 2.jpg

Dash area 4.jpg

dash area 5.png

dash area 6.png

Dash Instrument wiring.pdf Dash panel with message center.pdf

You are either chasing a ground or a loss/loaded voltage line.

Very easy to diagnose. Voltmeter on input voltage should stay very strong. Finding voltage on any of the ground side of instruments in question or the shade and you have a bad ground.

Chased one down to a bad pin connection in a molex connector on my buddies rig. Your dash probably tilts out quite easily so you should be able to find any of the ground wires. Now finding a decent ground for that new wire can be problematic but you probably have a board below the driver in the outside compartment with plenty of ground posts. 

I have already run a 12 gauge wire from the outside drivers side run bay connected to the main ground lug into the back side of the dash area inside coach. I found a Packard 430 female connector on  passenger shade ground  connector that they had not crimped the wire. At least now when I don't have headlights on the shade works as designed.  I'm sure it's a bad ground or power load issue caused by bad crimp in a molex connector some where. Also just confirmed I have the MEDALLION speedometer gauge with built in MMCD like Tom was describing in his post.

Edited by Ken Smith