HWH Leveling operations

Trying to figure how to keep my 05 HR Nav 45’ PBQ to stay level with the airbag leveling system?  Do I need to be plugged in or running the Gen set?

My system leaks down after a few hours seems like no matter what i do.  

Thanks

Should be a 12v system.

Do you use 'AUTO' mode when you level? 

If so, and you leave the leveling system on, it should wake up every couple of hours, check the level, make any adjustments needed, then go back to 'sleep' for another couple of hours.

This is, if everything in the system is functional!

• Like 1

Sounds like some good size leak(s), bags, fittings, sixpacks. Shouldn't be that hard to find them with bubbly water to at least slow them down, with the system off and then focus on the rest. It could be that just one corner is dropping and the system is compensating by dropping the rest. Hard to tell without details.

7 hours ago, 96 EVO said:

Should be a 12v system.

Do you use 'AUTO' mode when you level? 

If so, and you leave the leveling system on, it should wake up every couple of hours, check the level, make any adjustments needed, then go back to 'sleep' for another couple of hours.

This is, if everything in the system is functional!

It auto levels when I hit level. I am thinking the aux compressor has an issue as it is not waking up to maintain level. 

I don't know what system is in 2005 Nav but our HWH would not run the compressor until it can't level by deflating anymore. That can take a looong time, weeks+ without hearing it kick in. This is why I suggested finding out which corner is causing the drop, with leveling off. It should be a decent leak if it only takes hours.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Fwiw my auxiliary air compressor was shot when I purchased our 05 3 years ago, I ordered a new oem compressor, there’s probably better choices and some folks are mounting them in a dry bay which makes sense. It toke me a bit to figure out the wiring, two hot lines going to compressor, one for power and one as a trigger, has a built in purge valve for moisture, I replaced the relay and solenoid and after tree years it’s working perfectly.

PS, I live about 75 miles south of you.

• Thanks 1

When you get to repairing/replacing your HWH aux air compressor it is a Thomas 405ADC 12v compressor.  They are available from HWH and northwest RV supply, but very expensive.  

I've found the best source for the Thomas air compressor is eBay.  A new pump is slightly over $400, but you can also purchase rebuild kits.  

You can also install other less expensive air compressors if you adapt the wiring and plumbing.  but most of these are very loud at 2am.  

If you raise your coach all the way up on the air suspension you can look over the top of the passenger side rear tires and see the pump assembly hanging from the underside of the coach. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/225655109892?epid=2254404699&itmmeta=01J1R3T2A899EP6ZHAFJPEYSZP&hash=item348a17b904:g:wvkAAOSwhNRkpVI3:sc:ShippingMethodStandard!85745!US!-1&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAA8PMF5JyZN1fbjQGRVqMRFvmlXGTzowJConW3E0%2ButO7XQsmYGUuXDDXPkKAkwuWgTlZC7urHCFYjXoo748wNpfdUM54YNzjsZD01H3gVXGEODaSsrVGJ5aMXTy1Y5oxtDewO6KZAcse%2FhVoLunUxI0XhQewOxYWYX36ZhWCyuo6G%2BXr75lA23my8smrgzOvxjk0HFyZ6rAJqA4mFogII9Fnrm67CItdQQWAAY0M%2FqSYujQy9718boa%2B0fOu3Xi7hBQv3pV4adQn6H0DatRgCtGFJqwrlA%2FffLrQg1cuYxpYtW6ENzsNq9%2FMO3lQpd4%2BPrA%3D%3D|tkp%3ABFBMnKXog45k

https://www.ebay.com/itm/272667641865?itmmeta=01J1R3T2A928613YBGZ7Y9G3E7&hash=item3f7c420809:g:emkAAOSwv3lluRHw&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAA8Dxw7b29YsgmG8g1BXrySRbUcMTnZQT1QQPfJKWt%2BKKyeghu2ClYWFpAIyJvXSxJN88%2Fqyrx89AVsu%2FshDSwGsW0Y%2Boj%2F6ijiFIA0MH5x723xxiZK0JNXvEjE7Uo5Dn6KHNS9XZotMwjEK6EyKAzDQgIsj8uiJVGyRa9n4NV0r38lPq03%2FWt9S3XZXZf2mCzE5rM4fE4AUz0EwJwz2j40BAD5hHy0Ku3CRgypyju8dtUYCG4980MrasQh4QImJt17OW0QDoJtpJ2JgSZCiaWWC6jAuOjnXOvQ1%2F5ixd4tkknc8GuF1FxLxI8NTFS3sQwQA%3D%3D|tkp%3ABFBMnKXog45k