New (To Us) 2016 Diplomat 43DF - Round 2

Well... today, we finally picked up our 'new to us' 2016 Diplomat 43DF.

The dealer did a WONDERFUL job of cleaning it, replacing all 8 tires, brand new inverter, new water pump relay, and will be replacing the drivers side window (it's foggy and FL state law requires it to be replaced).

As suspected, it won't fit in the driveway! Yeah, I do a little bit of tearing up the grass... I have to figure out another option!

IMG_1617.jpeg

IMG_1618.jpeg

IMG_1619.jpeg

IMG_1620.jpeg

• Like 4

Sounds like a good trip!
Gotta ask though, who installs your Wind Turbine lifts? I installed a couple Avanti lifts in a small wind farm in Rodney Ontario but then a couple guys from our office left and started up their own business installing the lifts all over Canada.  Power Climber is what they mainly install now.  

It's a beauty!

I would imagine that your HOA will not let you keep it parked there for very long.

We bought in Flagler Beach where you ARE allowed to park your RV at your house providing it follows the rules of the city. One of two reasons we went from Full-Time to Part-Time RVing. Our previous 02 Windsor would fit right under the house but I haven't tried doing it with the Dynasty yet.

Well, am the President of our HOA, but that's not an excuse!  With the recent changes to HOA laws going into effect on 01 July, they can no longer cite you for parking an RV in your driveway or on public streets (unless it's a gated community with private roads).  However, I am cognizant of attempting to play by the rules and it's only right to set an example, for sure.

I'm more concerned of someone hitting it parked on the road!

8 hours ago, 96 EVO said:

HaHa, that's a bonus 🤣!

Couldn't see myself living anywhere there's a HOA!

I live on a corner lot and have a dedicated coach / boat driveway.

That's one thing I WISH I had.  I'd put up a cover and since I have 50 amp service for the previous RV, keep in plugged in to keep the humidity out when not in use.

12 hours ago, OAEVXE said:

Congrats ! We've got the exact same coach.  Love the full slide. Had it since 2017.

Thanks for the nice words!  Our issue at the moment is they (the dealer) is working to get the refrigerator working.  I suspect that when they replaced the inverter, they might have burned out a relay or switch.  However, we'll see.

Our plan for a shakedown trip this weekend is looking 'shakey' at the moment.  Hopefully, we'll gt some good news tomorrow!