Where to drop the solar wires from fridge top vent?

I am getting ready to run the wires from the fridge vent, there are only two locations above the fridge vent where I can drop the wire all the way down .

First one is on the left corner, but the boiler tube(gas burner chimney) is right next to it. I guess I can wrap the wires with those tapes for high temperature environment, but it is still not ideal.
The 2nd one is in the middle of the fridge, but there are two pipes in the middle, I am not sure if those two pipe will get hot and how hot will those be when fridge is running. if no , then that will be the  perfect place.
Please advise.
Thank you.

20240629_183839.jpg

I am not sure of your fridge setup, but I suspect I am seeing a msb baffle from the outer edge of the RV inward to the fins to direct the airflow up through the fins to improve cooling. I would suggest verifying the baffle location from below and then going through the baffle. You can then secure the wires away from heat sources on the way down. My thought would be to make the hole large enough for 1 wire and an mc4 connector to fit through. Leave some slack above the fridge in case you ever need to pull the baffle (you shouldn't but just in case you need to remove it to work on the fan thermostat or something, you can add a disconnect if you need to in the future. ) my solor controller is in the void below the fridge, I went through the space behind the fridge but used the opportunity to get rid of the top vent as I replaced the original with a 12 compressor model.

Hope it helps and good luck,

John

50 minutes ago, Frank McElroy said:

By any chance do you have a rectangular solar junction box on the roof?

Screenshot_20240630-144024~2.png

The coach has a small one, which I am not going use because there is no way I could direct the wire to the place I want, I need to drop the wire from top of the vent.

I have 5 solar controller, so 5 pairs of solar wire, 3 pairs are 10 awg, 2 pairs are 6 awg, so the factory box is too small anyway.

for the 3 pairs with 10 awg, I am thinking directory run the wire from solar panel to the MTTP.

for the two 6 awg pairs , because that are for 4 panels, I will have to combine two pairs 10 awg from solar panel to 6 awg, I will use junction box to combine those wires.

1 hour ago, JohnC3 said:

I am not sure of your fridge setup, but I suspect I am seeing a msb baffle from the outer edge of the RV inward to the fins to direct the airflow up through the fins to improve cooling. I would suggest verifying the baffle location from below and then going through the baffle. You can then secure the wires away from heat sources on the way down. My thought would be to make the hole large enough for 1 wire and an mc4 connector to fit through. Leave some slack above the fridge in case you ever need to pull the baffle (you shouldn't but just in case you need to remove it to work on the fan thermostat or something, you can add a disconnect if you need to in the future. ) my solor controller is in the void below the fridge, I went through the space behind the fridge but used the opportunity to get rid of the top vent as I replaced the original with a 12 compressor model.

Hope it helps and good luck,

John

So you think I should run my wires through the corner on the left? the two pipe in the middle is not a good idea? will those pipe get very hot?

Preferably I would like to run the wires straight down from middle of the two pipes but no sure if those two pipe are going to get very hot or not?

6 hours ago, John C said:

The coach has a small one, which I am not going use because there is no way I could direct the wire to the place I want, I need to drop the wire from top of the vent.

I have 5 solar controller, so 5 pairs of solar wire, 3 pairs are 10 awg, 2 pairs are 6 awg, so the factory box is too small anyway.

for the 3 pairs with 10 awg, I am thinking directory run the wire from solar panel to the MTTP.

for the two 6 awg pairs , because that are for 4 panels, I will have to combine two pairs 10 awg from solar panel to 6 awg, I will use junction box to combine those wires.

So you think I should run my wires through the corner on the left? the two pipe in the middle is not a good idea? will those pipe get very hot?

Preferably I would like to run the wires straight down from middle of the two pipes but no sure if those two pipe are going to get very hot or not?

None of those tubes are going to get as hot as your burner chimney!

Actually, I think you should drill a hole in the msb away from the fridge where you can and then run your wires down through the msb panel. This will put your wires down closer to the side of the RV. Also, talk more about your setup. 10awg can carry 30A,  I would probably join at least some panels in series to raise the voltage,  this will allow the panels to provide usable power to the mppt for longer(when the sun is lower angle). I have a 36 ft and had convenient space for 2 (410w) panels. They go to a victron 100/50 controller to output 600w to the batteries. 

3 hours ago, 96 EVO said:

None of those tubes are going to get as hot as your burner chimney!

Good, that is what I want to hear 😀

What are those two tubes for ?

2 hours ago, JohnC3 said:

Actually, I think you should drill a hole in the msb away from the fridge where you can and then run your wires down through the msb panel. This will put your wires down closer to the side of the RV. Also, talk more about your setup. 10awg can carry 30A,  I would probably join at least some panels in series to raise the voltage,  this will allow the panels to provide usable power to the mppt for longer(when the sun is lower angle). I have a 36 ft and had convenient space for 2 (410w) panels. They go to a victron 100/50 controller to output 600w to the batteries. 

The problem is I got 7 panels with 4 different voltage. I will connect 2 pairs of two 300W panel in series.

no sure what is msb panel.

For me fridge is safest place because I won't accidentally break a wire and also I don't have to worry about the ceiling.

Good, that is what I want to hear 😀

What are those two tubes for ?

The problem is I got 7 panels with 4 different voltage. I will connect 2 pairs of two 300W panel in series.

no sure what is msb panel.

For me fridge is safest place because I won't accidentally break a wire and also I don't have to worry about the ceiling.

Look at your original picture. Drill the hole near the base of one of the red arrows you added to the picture. Msb=multi stranded board. Also known as chip board. If you remove the lower exterior fridge vent from the outside of your RV and place a flashlight in the void behind your fridge and shine a light up towards the roof, you will be illuminating the bottom side of the piece of "wood" (msb) that is in your picture. I am suggesting you rout your witts frome the roof closer to the outside wall of your motorhome than the fins of your coils in your picture. That wood (msb) in the picture is a baffle used to force air over the coils of fridge to increase thermal efficiency. There is 2-3 inches of space behind the fridge coils (as you can tell by the presence of the piece of msb you are photographing) send it down through that void, but 1st convince yourself I am right drill a hole small enough for a wire to go through ( or a string or fish tape, your choice) push the wire ,etc through the hole about 6 feet and look through the lower outside fridge vent and see what you find. The wire, as long as it didn't get tangled in fiberglass insulation or caught in the coils should be between the rear of the fridge an the side of the motorhome. If you run the wires here, you can still take out the fridge when it needs repair or replacement, without cutting your solar panel wires.