2006 Diplomat touch up paint

Go to solution Solved by stuff4sale09,

1 hour ago, Kenster said:

20231025_150309.thumb.jpg.939711e296262eaeeb21bc92d0b8fd7a.jpgDoes anyone know where I can locate the color codes for my 2006 Diplomat? I'm trying to locate small files of touch-up paint. The photo looks darker than the actual coach.

The codes were in the “ORIGINAL” file or briefcase that had the manual and all the component’s operating manuals.  I, as the original owner, have mine.  REV MAY or may NOT have them.  It might take a phone call or two and maybe “try it again”, to see if the tech support person has the knowhow….as well as to see what Monaco’s data base has.  The codes were not on the OEM MSRP sheet nor the “RV Data Card”….but on a separate sheet and Monaco gave me 6 small containers of touch up paint….still residing in a sealed plastic bag in the refrigerator (much to DW’s chagrin).

IF a member has the OEM file for the exact paint or model scheme…..then you are in luck.  I don’t know if that info was on file towards the end with Monaco.  As the IT lads and lasses updated the systems, then importing large data bases was problematic.  Non essentials like the paint codes were usually the first cull.

YOU MIGHT download the Sales Brochure…. Then get the “color scheme” or the fancy name for it.  Then start googling RV and MH Body and Paint repair shops in Elkhart and Eugene.   Then call them and ask if there is a book or charts that the local paint distributors (the color mixers) have….lots of info is out there in various forms….don’t know if a shop or such ever got hold of Monaco’s spec sheets…

Googling. Paint Code Data Base Monaco MH paint codes…..  try other variations….

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/monaco-paint-codes-and-color-names-568783.html

never say never…just keep googling and trying different key words and phrasing….

I went through the same routine with my 2006 Monterey with the Blackstone paint scheme.  I was able to get the original paint codes from 2006.  HOWEVER, mixing those paint codes was not a particularly good match to paint that is now 19 years old.  I eventually removed the fridge access panel and the fuel door (in order to get adequate square inches) and took them to a local paint store to have them computer scanned.  The paint they mixed for me was a much better match than what was mixed from the original codes.  Good luck.

Richard

16 minutes ago, hex_nut said:

I went through the same routine with my 2006 Monterey with the Blackstone paint scheme.  I was able to get the original paint codes from 2006.  HOWEVER, mixing those paint codes was not a particularly good match to paint that is now 19 years old.  I eventually removed the fridge access panel and the fuel door (in order to get adequate square inches) and took them to a local paint store to have them computer scanned.  The paint they mixed for me was a much better match than what was mixed from the original codes.  Good luck.

Richard

You are correct.  Even if you have the paint codes, unless you can get the exact same paint and you never had your coach in the sun where the paint could fade, you will not get an exact match.  Paint shops can use devices to match the existing faded colors but over a long time (years) eventually they won't match.  Unfortunately, after these many years if you want the paint to stay matched - repaint the coach.

Here is a PDF with the complete paint codes (all color schemes) for 2006 Monaco Diplomats. These paint codes are for BASF Diamont basecoat paint (that's what Monaco used on Diplomats).  This would be followed up with clearcoat.

2006 Diplomat Monaco Paint Codes.pdf

Now that you have that... I'll tell you that when I had some touchup work done about 2 years ago on my 2006 Dip, they scanned the coach and mixed custom paint.  They said decades of sun would fade the paint and the orignal codes may not match with the original paint.  The scanned paint was a perfect match. Most any body shop / paint shop should be able to do that.