Inverter locaction? 2004 Beaver Moneterey

Can anyone tell me where the invertor would be located in our 2004 Beaver Monteray? We have looked in every bay?  It's a xantrex panel inside. Had an issue over the weekend, lost power, believe we did a reset from inside panel, but need to find unit. Any help would be appreciated. And yes we started the generator for power. 

More info needed. What do you mean you lost power? You lost power on from shore power or you lost inverted power using the inverter?

Your inverter should be white in color and roughly 12”x 10x 6” tall. 

Start near your batteries, there should be two `12 volt manual disconnects.  Follow the wiring from the house battery.  Look for a large fuse, this is to protect the system between batteries and inverter.  Follow the large wire from the fuse and it will take you to the inverter, you'll have to get creative as the wire will snake over under through the compartments but ultimately it will take you to the inverter. 

It is BIG and WHITE! with large RED and BLACK wires so it would be very difficult to miss when searching for it. It also needs a lot of ventilation so it won't be hidden from view tucked away in some dark lonely area.

Plus there was no rhyme or reason where they decided to install it so just keep looking.

My 02 Windsor has it in a bay just in front of the service bay on the driver's side mounted to the floor. My 06 Dynasty has it on the ceiling in the  second pass-thru bay on the passenger side. I will guarantee you that other 02 Windsor owners here do NOT have in the same place even with the same floor-plan.

14 hours ago, Linda71 said:

Can anyone tell me where the invertor would be located in our 2004 Beaver Monteray? We have looked in every bay?  It's a xantrex panel inside. Had an issue over the weekend, lost power, believe we did a reset from inside panel, but need to find unit. Any help would be appreciated. And yes we started the generator for power. 

DEFINE POWER.  

Power to the OVERHEAD LIGHTS or Fans or Water Pump?

Power to the Outlets INSIDE the Motorhome.  Near the sinks or the Microwave.

IF you lost POWER to the OUTLETS and were ON SHORE (50 Amp or 30) Amp....and then did NOTHING but Start the Generator....

YOU HAVE AN Automatic Transfer Switch issue.  

You MUST define POWER as the two systems are totally different.  

Also...

Where were you.  What POWER (Shore or Pedestal) did you have.  Were on on a 50 Amp or 30 Amp or were you using a 20 Amp 120 OUTLET and drop cord.

What TURNED OFF

Did you DO ANYTHING inside...trip any breakers or flip any switches

Did everything WORK OK when you started the Generator

NOW>>>> LOOK INSIDE EVERY BAY.  Look on the Ceiling or the side walls or on the floor.  Look in the ELECTRICAL BAYS...as well as STORAGE BAYS.

XANTREX will be on a "DEVICE".   Also look for a LARGER DEVICE.  It will have THREE large Cables going to it.  Maybe look like flexible plastic pipes.  What is the NAME on the cover or the side of that device?  Does it say IOTA or IOTA-50R

Do you have the MANUAL.  If so...go to sections (Chapeter) 8 .  There will be the HOW TO and HOW IT WORKS on the INVERTER.  READ THAT...  Find THAT.

While you are THERE...Read about the Automatic Transfer Switch.  Will be a PICTURE.  Find that.  Do you have the OEM that is in the manual.

THEN, folks can help you.  RIGHT NOW...we are JUST GUESING and 

I DO NOT THINK you have an INVERTER PROBLEM...

Post back.  Others will help if I'm not online...

Thank you everyone,  I found it.  Middle of the thorough bayon the roof.  Hidden by the central vacuum lines etc.  Had to crawl right in the bay. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Linda71 said:

Thank you everyone,  I found it.  Middle of the thorough bayon the roof.  Hidden by the central vacuum lines etc.  Had to crawl right in the bay. 

Now that you have found it....That does NOT solve the problem and we need more information.  Please give us some feedback as requested.  

While you were looking, did you locate the ATS (Automatic Transfer Switch)? That is more likely the cause...based on your comment..."Starting Generator fixed it".

Thanks

• Like 2

• Tom Cherry changed the title to Inverter locaction? 2004 Beaver Moneterey