Upgrade/consolidate audio/tv/home theater

To say AV/tech stuff has changed since our coach was constructed in 2006 is probably the understatement of the century! That being said, I'm in the process of doing some upgrades & I'm sure there are some audiophiles that can provide some quality feedback on a few points.

TV: Just installed a TCL 50" Google TV up front. Will be abandoning the bedroom TV - simply don't use it & that space can be used for something more practical.

Home Theater Receiver: Planning to upgrade to a receiver that has at least 5.2 channel surround sound, Bluetooth, HDMI w/ ARC & one that will hopefully work with the existing Sony 4 ohm speakers (Who knows, I might replace these too!). Would like to stay under $300 for the receiver - closer to $200 wouldn't hurt my feelings. Ideas?

Dash radio: This seems like an irrelevant piece of equipment for us. We never listen to anything but Sirius XM & stream it through the old Sony home theater receiver via a Bluetooth adapter that uses the RCA jacks. The new home theater receiver will have Bluetooth & will replace this adapter. In our situation, why should we spend money on/keep/incorporate the dash radio - what am I missing here?

Speakers: There are 9 speakers in the front half of the coach - some dedicated to the dash radio & some to the home theater. Further, attempting to balance sound through the current configuration has always seemed impossible - regardless if it's dash radio of home theater - the sound is never good. Because we will be using the new receiver for all things audio, the dash radio speakers seems to have no relevance.   Given our uses of the system, what's the best way to configure the 9 speakers to be able to balance sound in the front half of the coach? If we want music in the bedroom we'll address this via a couple Bluetooth speakers.

We're looking forward to actually enjoying some well-balanced, quality audio in our coach! Thanks for your thoughts!

I replaced my Bose AV38 with a Marantz 5.2/7.2 receiver and Cambridge Audio Min 22 speakers and their SubWoofer

Very happy with it.

Paul

• Like 1

Recently did the same HTS upgrade and went with the SONY STR-DH590 5.2.    Great sound and capabilities.  One thing to check though is if your subwoofer is powered or not.  I realized after the upgrade that the OEM subwoofer was not powered.  So I had to purchase a new subwoofer.

• Like 1

Hey all... While on this very specific topic.  I'm thinking of adding a satellite SiriusXM radio as an add on to the existing dash radio.  However, before I do so, I'm going to check, when we get the unit back from the dealer, to see if it doesn't have it already in the dash system.  We have a 2016 Diplomat 43DF that we had for one day at home before we had to take it back to the dealer to fix the refrigerator.  It's a Whirlpool residential that works (lights up and the fan blows) but it won't get cold and the freezer won't freeze.

Any suggestions for a add on unit if we need one?

11 hours ago, Chuck-Kathy_Orlando said:

Hey all... While on this very specific topic.  I'm thinking of adding a satellite SiriusXM radio as an add on to the existing dash radio.  However, before I do so, I'm going to check, when we get the unit back from the dealer, to see if it doesn't have it already in the dash system.  We have a 2016 Diplomat 43DF that we had for one day at home before we had to take it back to the dealer to fix the refrigerator.  It's a Whirlpool residential that works (lights up and the fan blows) but it won't get cold and the freezer won't freeze.

Any suggestions for a add on unit if we need one?

More than likely, your existing radio has Sirius built in, or is “Sirius capable “, which means you have to buy an adapter that plugs into the Sirius antenna and then to the back of your radio.  Check the owners manual for the radio for clarification.

Like Paul, I also went with a Marantz AV receiver/amp and change out all the ceiling speakers to Polk Audio.  My toughest battle was ventilation.  So I added a bunch of vents and a powered fan system.

IMG_1143.jpeg

Posted (edited)

I have been considering what to do with the sound system in my 06 Signature as well.
There are 4 speakers for the Kenwood radio that has sirius available.

The TV was upgraded to a TCL 50" Roku.
There is a Bose AV38 that has a bunch of mini speaker and a subwoofer under the dinette.
I would love to have the radio and tv run through those nicer speakers but not sure of the interfacing.
We like to listen to podcasts and audiobooks via SD card and bluetooth from our phones.
We did this in our old coach with an upgraded radio.
I am looking at replacing the current radio with this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CFHBB4MS/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_2?smid=A36WMQN4HNWX4X&th=1

I think I can run the Aladdin system through it and add wireless android auto and apple play as well. 
Is there a way to use the Bose speaker system without the AV38 system?

Edited by John Van Hengel