I searched and could not find the answer so I am going to ask. 

The gasket around the pto where it goes into the transmission is leaking. Has anybody replaced this gasket? Do I need to drain the tranny before I remove the pto?

I really need to know if this is a quick gasket change or if I need to service the transmission at the same time. I have not looked into filters for the transmission yet but can get the gasket I need for about $10 online. 

As always, thank you for the information. 

Mine was leaking from the PTO to hydraulic pump gasket.  This is a common failure.  

My PTO has two small braided steel lines that lube the PTO from the transmission.  As long as the engine isn't running there was no transmission fluid being pumped through these lines into the PTO.  

It is mounted just above the sump. Anybody with any specific info on this?

Replacing the pto pump is a simple process. I have enough slack in the hoses to move the pump towards the front of the coach and slip the gasket out. Take the old gasket to a hydraulic shop and they will match it up. The gasket is a very common one used with many pumps. I lost a couple ounces of fluid during the gasket swap. Good luck with the swap.