7 minutes ago, Car Guy said:

Their solution is to replace all ten (10) bags, adjust the manifold that controls the air going to each of the bags, and install a new air pump and air tank.  Cost: $11,880.

Holy C#@!,

Glad I'm capable of doing my own work.  I can buy 8 airbags for less then $2K. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jacwjames said:

Holy C#@!,

Glad I'm capable of doing my own work.  I can buy 8 airbags for less then $2K. 

I can buy all 8 Continental air bags for $1300. I replaced one bag with a Firestone 8 years ago for $150, but I think they are almost $300 now.  

On 7/11/2024 at 8:26 AM, Ivan K said:

This small air gun made my top nuts fly off. Just enough space to fit in. This is all I needed.

20220603_111249.jpg

I need to replace two of them one in the front and one in the back, question? is the one in the picture fit my 1998 Dynasty?

19 minutes ago, inventor1949 said:

I need to replace two of them one in the front and one in the back, question? is the one in the picture fit my 1998 Dynasty?

Mike, if you are talking about the air bag, I have no way to know. The Part Number should be on top of the bag once you remove it. Not ideal, I know but ther are so many nuances. Someone with identical coach might know. If you are inquiring about the gun, the body is 3 1/4" tall, vertically to top of a socket, a deep socket to get over a gusset on top of the mounting plate in my case. The initial needed torque was more than my long air and battery ratchets could do. It helps to wire brush the threads first. Your spacing might be different, I can't know. I tried different tools in my shop until I found what works for me.

• Like 1

My front airsprings lasted 20 years and 111k miles, showing cracks and deteriorating outer layer.  I noticed one leaked down in the time it took to fill the diesel tank. My rear airsprings I changed after 22 years and 119k miles, showing cracks but still holding pressure. Purely a precautionary measure before a long trip.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2024 at 9:58 AM, inventor1949 said:

The parts list lists:

98 Dynasty front bags are Firestone W01-358-6905

rear bags - Firestone will make them however it will take time. If needed quickly you can use

their W01-358-9376 which is about an inch taller works but will require a ride height adjustment.

The parts list lists for my 97 Dynasty:

97 Dynasty Front bags are 2B9-206 Goodyear or W01 358 5319 Firestone

If the W01-358-5319 is not available, you might try the W01-358-5311 and has bolt holes on top rather

than studs. Also the bag itself is 1/4-inch wider in diameter but this should not cause a problem.

Rear bags are 2B12-309 Goodyear

http://www.truckspring.com/products/Firestone-Reversible-Sleeve-Air-Spring__W01-358-5319.aspx

But I recently took this photo of my front airbag:

Screenshot2024-07-17at7_06_17PM.thumb.png.76e5cd4840d24d080d9eddfa48cd629a.png

...which seems to say AY-N 1T14 (CB1) ?

2 hours ago, RoadTripper2084 said:

The parts list lists:

The parts list lists for my 97 Dynasty:

But I recently took this photo of my front airbag:

Screenshot2024-07-17at7_06_17PM.thumb.png.76e5cd4840d24d080d9eddfa48cd629a.png

...which seems to say AY-N 1T14 (CB1) ?

Wow I don't see any markings on mine and they are the originals thank you

So I decided to pull the front passenger side air bag off to take a good look at it and see how bad of job it is to change them.  This might be the worse one due to limited access due to the front step well.  Overall not too bad.  I could use a standard impact on the lower tow nuts.  Then had to loosen the top rear nut with a breaker bar and socket and the used a long impact and spun the nut right off.  The rear nut was a bear, had to remove the shock and then used a ratcheting swivel head wrench but finally got it off. 

Here are pictures of the ~23 year old air bag, overall it looked good, no cracking, no damage..  I do carry two spares but I may jut go ahead and put the old one back in.   

Air bag.jpg

Air bag other side.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jacwjames said:

So I decided to pull the front passenger side air bag off to take a good look at it and see how bad of job it is to change them.  This might be the worse one due to limited access due to the front step well.  Overall not too bad.  I could use a standard impact on the lower tow nuts.  Then had to loosen the top rear nut with a breaker bar and socket and the used a long impact and spun the nut right off.  The rear nut was a bear, had to remove the shock and then used a ratcheting swivel head wrench but finally got it off. 

Here are pictures of the ~23 year old air bag, overall it looked good, no cracking, no damage..  I do carry two spares but I may jut go ahead and put the old one back in.   

Air bag.jpg

Air bag other side.jpg

Wow, that's a decent amount of work to see how hard it was.  lol. 

You might as well put a new one in now and keep your "ok" original as a backup spare.