Low propane shutoff ??

Go to solution Solved by DanVickie,

Hey friends,

supposedly, I have a quarter tank of onboard propane from the gauge on the tank,and Aladdin also says I have some. Over the last month my stove top was getting a smaller flame ,now today I have none. No hiss either ,Is there an automatic  low propane shut off. ?? I have no other LP appliances to test only two burner stove top. I did release some LP out of the tank before the regulator so I don’t think it’s empty. Also, I replaced the regulator last year. I did notice a gas sniffer I believe by the tank, but I have no on off gauges or anything to show it good or bad if it affects the regulator or gas valve. I did read through my manual as well . I think maybe if I fill the tank up it might work just fine but I was trying to let it purge if there was any air in there ,don’t know if it’s ever been done before.can you purge air with out filling Lp ??

thanks for any response !

If there had been air in the LP, it would have vented out along with the LP all along.  You have something plugged or a regulator jammed.  You can check the gas pressure, it should be 11" water column to the appliance, a tube and bucket of water will let you test the water column pressure, or a U tube manometer instead of the bucket.  The stove itself probably has a regulator, that's the first place I'd check, then the burner orifices also. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

Turned out to be another regulator, at the propane tank ,Camco did not last 2 years . Installed a USA made 

MB sturgis , which is factory on my rig.. time will tell, but may be selling the rig this year too however . Anyone interested ?