No chassis power

All of a sudden my 2008 Scepter does not have any chassis power. When I turn the ignition key to accessory or start, there is absolutely nothing. There is also no auxiliary air compressor working, and a few other items.  There is power to the house, lights, refrigerator, etc.  When I go to the front electric panel under the driver window, I checked all fuses and they are fine. There is chassis power and house power to that panel.  I just can’t figure out why all of a sudden when I turn the ignition on there is nothing. Any ideas? I thought it might be the ignition switch itself, but I purchased a new one and nothing changed. And the auxiliary pump should be working regardless if the ignition key is on or not.  I know it has to be a fuse or relay someplace, but I’m not sure where to start. I have also checked all fuses in the rear passenger side electrical panel as well and they are fine. I did notice that the starter solenoid I believe does not have 12 V power coming out of the right side and doesn’t have any power to the small terminals. I have attached a photo of this item so you can see what I am talking about. Could this be my problem? When I run a jumper wire from the left side of the solenoid which has 12v power  to the small right wire, the engine starts to turn over but I still have no power to auxiliary pump, etc. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

IMG_4086.jpeg

Try swapping the Ignition relay with the Park Bell 1 relay in Monaco Box 2 in the Front Run Bay.  If the symptoms change you can swap the bad relay with Horn relay in Monaco Box 1.

Give it a shot.  It's easy to try.

- bob

1 hour ago, cbr046 said:

Try swapping the Ignition relay with the Park Bell 1 relay in Monaco Box 2 in the Front Run Bay.  If the symptoms change you can swap the bad relay with Horn relay in Monaco Box 1.

Give it a shot.  It's easy to try.

- bob

Totally different system.  The 2008 and newer Scepter/Camelot do not have boxes.  There is a large PCB up front. There is a 200Amp fuse for each stud up front….memory…may be smaller.  Download the 2009 Camelot prints.  The RRB and battery buses are there.  I KNOW that there is a 200A Bussmann ANL fuse running up front…Chassis Stud.  I used it at as alternate feed for my Hydraulic system.

The prints will show the RRB and the special board in the picture. I’d check the Chassis battery disconnect….they go sometimes.

Without pulling the prints….and they are not on my Ipad, anything else is. GUESS! Look at the High Current Low Voltage print….and then the RRB print and label.  Therein lies the circuit…

Monaco changed so much.  BOXES were dropped many years ago….best to pull prints and verify….then make recommendations…..

Thanks.

Posted (edited)

Where is the 200 amp fuse? I have attached a photo of both the front panel under the driver side window and also the rear smaller panel on the passenger side near the rear of the coach.  The top arrow is pointing to the house power cable coming to the front electrical panel and the bottom arrow is pointing to the chassis power cable that is coming to the panel. Both are showing 12 V power, but nothing is getting from there to the ignition or auxiliary pump and a few other items.

IMG_4094.jpeg

IMG_4097.jpeg

Edited by Brianpr

53 minutes ago, Brianpr said:

Where is the 200 amp fuse? I have attached a photo of both the front panel under the driver side window and also the rear smaller panel on the passenger side near the rear of the coach.  The top arrow is pointing to the house power cable coming to the front electrical panel and the bottom arrow is pointing to the chassis power cable that is coming to the panel. Both are showing 12 V power, but nothing is getting from there to the ignition or auxiliary pump and a few other items.

IMG_4094.jpeg

IMG_4097.jpeg

Look in your manual.  Suggest you read sections (chapters) 8 and 9.  This explains a lot of your questions.

Go to page 190.  There is the Big Boy...you will also find the information.....VERY important...about your entire electrical system and fuses and purpose and location.

Next up.  Have you downloaded the prints for your 2008 or do you have them on CD.  Here is the 2008 that we have for CAMELOT.  Your SCEPTER is a twin. 

Now....hunting through them for a particular print is a challenging task.  BUT, many do it.

If you want a quick and easy way...download this file. It is the 2009 Prints.  ALMOST everything is the same...and it has an INDEX.  There were a few errors that I found and corrected...so my method...  Use this one.  There is a THREE page INDEX of the titles.  WAY EASIER than looking at every Print.  IN ADDITION, I updated the Monaco mistake in the Front Run Bay.  Essentially, and I have been in and out of these files for years...they are the same.  BUT, once you find the 2009 Print...it is easy to find the same Print number in the 2008 and VERIFY.

OK...this is the PRINT you needed.  It has ALL the FUSE ratings for the large ANL fuses in the rear (your manual just has 25 amps). These are the REAL values..

CAUTION.  IF you blow one (and I have), you do NOT want to put back anything but an IGNITION PROOF type.  Most of the junk you order on AMAZON...LOOKS the same.  BUT the OEM BUSSMANN ANL fuses are TOTALLY different.  They have a SLOW BLOW feature.  SO, find, on the Internet an exact Bussmann Replacement.

This gives you the info plus references that I think you need to go forward.  There is a REAL RUN detail..  Here it is...as I can find it by the name...

SO... trace the circuits....I don't think there are any other prints that you need....

12V High Current Dist TGC Rev 2..pdf Rear Distribution Box.pdf Rear Electrical DECAL ISL.pdf