Amish country campgrounds

Spending time in Ohio and have decided to check out the Amish Country of Ohio. Been told there are some very nice Amish campgrounds. Anyone know of any that are nice and comfortable?

https://campgrounds.rvlife.com/

I contribute to this.  This has been my bible for at least 15 or so years.  You have to READ them and then use common sense.  My last Amish trip was after a Flood...  and the CG's were horrible.

This also has the MOST current ratings...

Good Luck.  Go to the TRAIN museum and ride the train.  Go to the GREEN Dragon Amish Market.  Friday is the DAY.  Hershey is nice...but that was when you actually DID so through the factory.  BUT the large Hotel there is well worth a trip.  Have dinner there.

That's about all I remember....  I used to travel to my York plant and take my wife sometimes.  The Crab Cakes in any nice restaurant will be a delicacy...

ADDED ATTRACTION.

If you have time, then a side trip to Wilmington, even overnight for a great meal, is what I recommend.  The Dupont Museum is a fascinating place...as it shows how river power drove the industrial revolution.  I have been there several times...with kids and GK.  The driving tour is great. DuPont is KNOWN for Chemistry.  BUT, if one is a Safety Professional, they LITERALLY did write the book. The grounds on the Museum is where the powder was made.  Mr. DuPont (first name escapes me) was a dedicated employer. MOST of the Powder Factories (Magazines IIRC) had the workers LIVING (like textile mills) on SITE.  BOOM....deaths. Dupont built his house ON SITE.  Now, it did have thick concrete walls...but STILL...  He walked the WALK.  

Great place to get lost and spend a day...

Scenic Hills Campground in Berlin, Ohio is the only one that we have stayed at several times. You can spend several days touring around the area, including Walnut Creek, Sugar Creek, Millersburg , Charm and Kidron. Plenty of very good restaurants, including Der Dutchman and other great shopping areas.

• Like 1

We stayed in Bergholz, OH once.  No campground, just a field of fellow racers.  Knowing the story and riding the local roads on a bicycle kinda made the imagination wander.  It was the real deal though I never felt threatened . . . . That and they told us we were ok as long as we didn't go down "that" road.  I wouldn't recommend it for touring. 

- bob