Aladdin Camera Wiring

I am trying to locate wiring from my Aladdin System to power power the cameras.  A little background first:  When I bought the coach this winter it had a hard-to-see-wireless camera/monitor system but that's now gone.  I replaced it with a camera with separate monitor on the dash.  The only thing I use from the original (Mito?) rear cam system is the cable which routes video from the rear to the dash, when IGN is on the monitor gets power from FRB and cam takes it from RRB.  My objective is to have the side mirror and inside cameras display on the Aladdin monitors, mainly for access at bedroom.  

Opening up the pass-side cover I find what looks like a few cut wires on a cable from the Monitor/power connector to a 4 pin Mate-and-Lock connector.  The only 4-pin Mate-&-Lock found in the compartment below (#35) which appears in the WD book to be for the rear cam only.   I have no idea where power wiring is to the inside and side cameras.   I can only assume the three RCA video cables plugged into input get, somehow, to these 3, but it's hard to find the power wiring in the bunch of cables below.   Hoping to find these wires somewhere in the below dash area without digging too far.  I should also mention that the original Kenwood dash stereo was gone; I had found it replaced by a cheap no-brand one.  That has been now replaced with by Android auto stereo; no electronics in the dash console is OEM.

image.thumb.png.f4227e0ebbd95b52068e61031ea9c35c.png

image.png.e3ed161c20d19a53ad4f4dfd42369d36.png image.png.879330e3e36ec0d13b460184f010fca2.png

I do know that the all four of the outputs work, displaying Engine data, Tank data etc.   The Rear camera cable, when plugged into an input port on the Aladdin, does get thru to video output.

One more thing: I think the side cameras have been replaced, possibly using one of the kits made by @pwhittle.  I could not find an invoice for them in the paperwork that came with the coach.  (Not sure where those wires go or if they've ever been connected correctly.)

image.png.1d376b0fae0d60ddce98b8a46b7b8e0b.png

Edited by rpasetto

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, pwhittle said:

Hi Rick,

That is one of my camera kits.

Paul

Hi Paul,  I guessed that, but wasn't sure 

Pictures of the inside connectors show they're 3-pin Mate and lock. My wiring diagram book shows nothing about wiring for the cameras.  Is the camera video output twisted pair?... with another wire for +12v and a ground wire being shared for signal & power?

Passenger side:  

The blue white and red going into the main harness (the 2 reds on RH side are not connected)

image.png.8faea08e6f79003ceec818b33cff3fef.png

image.png.b048ac78778b761ae9950a55d87f3622.png

Driver side. Looks like white wire pulled from connector:

image.png.01c2464a722583b54b8b2e5f00dc0634.png

Edited by rpasetto

8 hours ago, Endeavor04 said:

Are your camera kits still available?  My sony rear camera has never worked. 

Yes, but they are for the side cameras, which are common across many models.

The rear camera setup and mounting appear to be different for every year/model so it is tough to make an upgrade kit.

I did upgrade mine to a BOYO rear camera with higher resolution and a microphone to retain the sound input to the Aladdin. Note that my original Sony rear camera was powered with 8.2 volts from the Sony monitor, and I had to replace that to feed 12V to the BOYO rear camera.

Paul

8 hours ago, rpasetto said:

Hi Paul,  I guessed that, but wasn't sure 

Pictures of the inside connectors show they're 3-pin Mate and lock. My wiring diagram book shows nothing about wiring for the cameras.  Is the camera video output twisted pair?... with another wire for +12v and a ground wire being shared for signal & power?

Passenger side:  

The blue white and red going into the main harness (the 2 reds on RH side are not connected)

image.png.8faea08e6f79003ceec818b33cff3fef.png

image.png.b048ac78778b761ae9950a55d87f3622.png

Driver side. Looks like white wire pulled from connector:

image.png.01c2464a722583b54b8b2e5f00dc0634.png

Hi Rick,

A previous owner has been messing with that. Tough to tell what is going on wothout seeing it in person.

Paul

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pwhittle said:

Hi Rick,

A previous owner has been messing with that. Tough to tell what is going on wothout seeing it in person.

Paul

I was fooled once before thinking that some of the under-dash wiring was OEM, so I am not surprised when a connector looks changed. 

It appears there are three wires coming out of the cable that, I think, is from the camera.  Is that what I should expect?  It could be that the camera cables have been messed with too.   For example, I see no coax coming through.  Is  the cameras' signal output twisted pair that is adapted inside the coach to coax going into the Aladdin?  Or should I be looking for a coax somewhere?

image.thumb.png.b5be6df9527437e85d0e7c72cba6d43b.png

Only 3 wires coming from the camera cable to the 3-pin connector and 3 wires coming out going to the main cable inside the coach.  (The 2 red wires marked with X are cut off)

I found nothing in the wiring diagram book or the Aladdin documentation on this.image.thumb.png.f277114017f7d99620ae8290031e7131.png

I don’t mean to hyjack thread but we have a 2006 dynasty platinum it has the Aladdin system and i have managed to add the2  side cameras  by just plugins them into the Aladdin . Can some body tell me if the wiring is installed  to the bedroom for the monitor and the joystick.

On 7/18/2024 at 9:54 PM, pwhittle said:

Hi Rick,

Paul

Paul, 

Could you give me information on your kit, my rear and inside cameras work great but the side ones don't. I'd like to replace them if possible. Mine is a 2007 Monaco Dynasty.

On 7/18/2024 at 9:54 PM, pwhittle said:

Hi Rick,

Paul

Paul,  Searched for docs on the BOYO-vtk230hd which, I think, is the one in your kit and found diagram in their documentation (below). It doesn't clearly shows color code or whether the video signal out of the camera is on a 4-wire cable (or 3), like some other small cameras models do, or whether it comes out on a separate coax. 

Now that I saw a picture of your kit in another thread, I believe that the PO cut off the connector on your kit and wired in the 3-pin mate-&-lock; it could also be that the BOYO from he kit was replaced by the PO with something else.  So I will wait until after my upcoming short trip to pursue it further with visiontech.

image.thumb.png.0b8da47864dd7bb32a04c8d2d8cfaaeb.png

19 hours ago, rpasetto said:

Paul,  Searched for docs on the BOYO-vtk230hd which, I think, is the one in your kit and found diagram in their documentation (below). It doesn't clearly shows color code or whether the video signal out of the camera is on a 4-wire cable (or 3), like some other small cameras models do, or whether it comes out on a separate coax. 

Now that I saw a picture of your kit in another thread, I believe that the PO cut off the connector on your kit and wired in the 3-pin mate-&-lock; it could also be that the BOYO from he kit was replaced by the PO with something else.  So I will wait until after my upcoming short trip to pursue it further with visiontech.

image.thumb.png.0b8da47864dd7bb32a04c8d2d8cfaaeb.png

Rick,

I put a 4-pin connector on the camera to match the one in the mirror arm. The other end of that cable is the one you have pictured in the generator bay..

1 hour ago, pwhittle said:

Rick,

I put a 4-pin connector on the camera to match the one in the mirror arm. The other end of that cable is the one you have pictured in the generator bay..

sh-

OK,  So it looks like the red is power, white is ground and the greyish-blue is signal?  (I want to be sure and not connect power to video output).