LP quick connection

We have recently bought a 99 Executive and I am wandering if anyone can tell me if the quick connection in the picture is factory or if it has been added? I can't figure out where it comes from, it doesn't come from the regulator, it runs towards the door side at the top of the compartment but it doesn't show up in the compartment on the other side.

IMG_20240717_170436.jpg

Well, the only way you are going to know for sure is to trace the line back to see where it goes. Typically,  your LPG lines are black 1/2 inch pipe. At least they are in the two coaches that I have owned.

Richard is right, I have the same one that I use to inflate tires and for air tools, just replaced it for high flow. It is coming from the front dry side of the air tank on our 00.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I can’t imagine that would becoming directly from the LP tank itself but could be T’d into the 1/2” BI pipe IF ITS TRULY A LP FITTING. Is there a shut off valve just behind the fitting? Try sticking an air hose into it SLIGHTLY and see if you smell any LP. 

I T’d into the piping and installed these on my last two mh on the passenger side for my grill. I doubt yours is  LP especially if it’s on the drivers side. 

IMG_0936.png

Edited by tmw188

First...  GENERICALLY...and this is from many different models and manuals and also pictures and such...

THIS IS AN AIR LINE.    BUT, the location is interesting.  Monaco, to the best of many of our top folks, NEVER had a "Quick Disconnect" Fitting on any LP station.  Monaco NEVER, EVER added a T or tapped into the high pressure tank side. Monaco did....we THINK SOMETIMES.....and there in is the "WHEN and WHERE" have a T on the LOW PRESSURE (Water Column measured" Regulated side.  That is the side that goes to the Refrigerator and Range. BUT, it was ALWAYS capped off with a VAVE and a cap on the end.  You COULD attach a QD fitting for low pressure (regulated) LP gas.  SO... this was NOT OEM.  Now....the answer as to WHAT it is and WHERE....

Go to your MANUAL.  Look at the LP Gas section .  See WHAT that says.  We don't have your 1999 Manual..  THEN keep going forward to the CHASSIS section. There will be illustrations where all the fittings are located.

This is the SAGE Advice that the staff and many, and I mean MANY, seasoned contributors give...

First Dedicate a few hours to EVERY section of your manual (OK...the CLEANING is a bit over the top)...  Then read...take the manual.  Look at EVERY figure or picture or diagram.  WALK out and identify what is there.

I'm gonna "SUSPECT" that you will find the answers.

NOW...the KEY...is READ ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS.  If you are NOT a former DP owner, then these puppies are a WORLD of their own.  For EXAMPLE.  You DO NEED to know exactly where every "AIR FITTING" is and it's designation and function.  The manual explains in great detail

SO, after consulting and reading the manual...you are STILL STUMPED... Then post.  The guidelines are "Search or Research" prior to posting.  Topics like this pop up more often and we get feedback from members to even add.  A FORTHRIGHT NOTE....  BEFORE YOU POST YOUR QUESTION.. Have you READ your manual?  Maybe a bit blunt...but the intent here is to help folks learn and solve problems and the manual is where you learn and then, if stumped, post...  

Good Luck and welcome aboard...

I added  both a low pressure quick connect (after the regulator in the propane bay) and a high pressure quick connect (before the regulator) on my coach. It's nice to be able to quickly connect my Blackstone griddle for breakfast or the propane firepit, etc.

Pretty straightforward job if you're handy with pipes/plumbing, but most likely needs/should to be done or at least inspected by a licensed pipe fitter depending on your local regulations. 

btw, I too was excited to see the "low pressure propane quick connect" in that bay on my Dynasty, until I eventually realized it was an air port.  🤨

I have another air port on the front of the rig, accessible when the generator is out.  Tom is of course correct, these pushers really are a world unto themselves. So much to learn!  Great fun too.

Edited by RoadTripper2084

8 hours ago, Tom Cherry said:

My mistake, I tried an air chuck in that fitting and it is an airline. Just looked like a LP quick connect and not air.  As for reading in the manual before asking questions.......generic and very vague would be a nice way of putting what the manual for a 99 model is. 

• Like 1

On 7/19/2024 at 11:16 PM, S.I. Plowboy said:

My mistake, I tried an air chuck in that fitting and it is an airline. Just looked like a LP quick connect and not air.  As for reading in the manual before asking questions.......generic and very vague would be a nice way of putting what the manual for a 99 model is. 

Glad you didn't take offense.  BUT, we DO get so many posts that the answer was either in the manual or googling...

ALSO, YES, I know about the quality of manuals.  Myself and the rest of the Staff...as well as our many experienced/contributing members often download a manual to help a member. So, we know how vague that may be...but when Monaco hit over 400 pages....they got better and more specific.  SOMETIMES incorrect...but we soon learned what is good and bad.

Someone suggested, serious or in jest, that we do a poll or survey and then ask..."Read your MANUAL?  answer options were maybe "NOPE, I'll POST" to YES, at least twice and have a copy on my iPad and Laptop. 

NOW, I would say YES to the last...but not twice...but did read once...chapter by chapter and I DO have a copy on my Phone, Ipad and Laptop.

And...then I get a RINGER.  And go back. OPPS... Memory was bad.

SO, it is NOT required reading...but I dare say that 905 of the correct info or recommendations come from members that would answer positively to the question.

You will learn and that is what makes us what we are and then will start, based on your knowledge, to contribute.  THATS THE GOAL.

EDIT. Curiosity is a curse or a blessing.

Don't know what your 1999 manual has. The 2001 is not as "Clear" with pictures of the air system. However it DOES tell you where the fitting is and also where the OTHER 3 fittings are located and what you should know and do for the air system. Attached is a PDF. This is in Section 10.  Your manual may be sketchy, if so, then use this link and download the 2001 for reference; but always see what your 1999 manual says.

https://www.monacocoach.com/service-and-repairs/

Note the functions of the 4 air "fittings" in the PDF.

Air System - Early Dynasty - from 2001 Manual.pdf