Best place to sell motorhome

I have a 1993 40' Monaco diesel pusher that I want to sell. The gentle Giant was purchased to facilitate a divorce and now that is over and I have a home again.

Any suggestions as to the best way to sell/list my baby? I am in Northern CA and wondering about Ebay Motors, RV Trader, Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist or what do you suggest?

• Like 1

Selling an RV is tough right now.  Use all of the online RV classifieds you listed as well as RVT.  Include lots of pictures (40+).  Write up a description that includes all the updates.  

• Like 1

I had my Windsor on Craigslist (too many scammers) and also on Facebook Marketplace. That's where the POP RV service saw my ad and contacted me to see if I wanted to list my coach on their service. Once I researched them I agreed and they had it sold it less than two months. They took over 100 photos and put together an awesome video.

• Thanks 1

If you want the best return and don't mind the hassle, then facebook and craigslist are as good as any.  Easy for a buyer to search whatever area they want and find your add.  Take lots of pictures, tell the whole story, price it reasonably, and state that the price will drop each month until sold.  You'll get thousands of views, hundreds of replies, a dozen second replies, and a few will show up. 

• Like 1

I sold my 2000 Diplomat in January 2024 by using National Vehicle It cost me $595 and they listed it in over 6 RV magazines such as RV TRADER and others. Had over 10,000 lookers and sold it for $35,000. No other fees. They keep you informed once a week as to what is going on. They have been in business for several years and I checked them out on BBB. They make there money by finacing loans on rv's.

Bob U

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've bought and sold rv's on FB marketplace and am looking there again for a newer bigger one. There are also lots of groups on FB like Diesel Pushers on a budget that get a lot of response it seems. If you post in one of the groups I would turn the commenting off and have people contact you via message. Lots of people like to tell you that your price is out to lunch even if they don't know what they are talking about.

• Like 1

I will try marketplace. I have a Facebook account but do not use it nor know how to find the group you mentioned.

• Like 1

I second facebook marketplace.  I tried it, the forum for the club of the make, and craigslist when I sold mine.    Most responses from facebook, and it reaches a much wider geographic area then craigslist.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...