Anyone running Yokohama 124R's?

96 EVO

https://www.monacoers.org/search/?q=yokohama &quick=1&type=forums_topic

Ben,

Here are the search results for Yokohama tires.  There are several posts, if you scroll down and scan where members are running Yokohama...

Don't know about the 124R, but they expanded the sizes to 12 in February and the 295/80 was not in the new sizes...so I suspect the model has been around for a while.

If you scan, you will get the names of the members that are running the Kohohama and you can PM them for info. Great way to get the straight skinny.

Thanks.

I had a set of Yokohama's installed in ~May 2021, at the time not much to choose from, I wanted Toyo's but none to be found. 

But overall satisfied with the Yokohama's, I replaced a set of Bridgestones and really can't tell the difference in ride. 

I've probably put +25K miles on them and no signs of wear.  

I paid ~$3650 out the door for a set of 6. 

8 minutes ago, jacwjames said:

But overall satisfied with the Yokohama's, I replaced a set of Bridgestones and really can't tell the difference in ride. 

The Bridgestone's were my other choice. They are about $60CAD more per tire.

Another tire this dealer offered me was Sailun's, at close to half the price of the other two, but, there's NO way I'm putting those on a 14,600lb steer axle 😨!!

1 hour ago, 96 EVO said:

Thanks Tom!

Thats strange, I typed 'Yokohama' in the search box and got...... Zero results available' 🤔!

It took me twice to spell it right.  Pick Topics from Everywhere drop down.

My choice would be Toyo, Bridgestone and then….dealer’s choice.  I had a FREAK tire failure on BS.  It happened.  Barry (Josams) was seeing one or so a month.  No rhyme or reason.  It failed or wore quickly from NC to Utah….spooky.

BUT….we NEVER HAD A BLOWOUT with a Bridgestone…..and other than my freak…excellent record. The rears aged out on me….only reason for new Toyo.  Paid around $2600 for 4….that was circa 2021.  The two New steer Toyos were that much in July 2018.

When BUT, seems I read something about inflation….so who knows…your $$….your call.

I have posted this information several times on this subject.

Call Jeff Bown at Motorhometires.com 1-866-501-1998. Jeff Bown is the CEO and they are are very big supporter of the Monacoers Group. He attended and gave a presentation at the 2023 Gathering. He can get you any tire you want if they are available. They will come to your location to mount and balance the tires. His prices are very competitive and the mounting and balancing is included in the price of the tire. He is also certified to instll Tyron Bands.

We have many members in this group that have used his services and are very satisfied with the results.

Lots of folks that use 295-80-22.5 have gone to 11r 22.5 on the drive axle. Saves big $$$, tire is the same diameter as a 295, and available in most load ranges . Another option if on the road, and you have a tire failure.  

1 hour ago, Paul J A said:

Lots of folks that use 295-80-22.5 have gone to 11r 22.5 on the drive axle. Saves big $$$, tire is the same diameter as a 295, and available in most load ranges . Another option if on the road, and you have a tire failure.  

Paul, I'm probably going to do just that when my drives and tags time out!

Right now I'm replacing the steer tires and need 295/80's.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 96 EVO said:

Paul, I'm probably going to do just that when my drives and tags time out!

Right now I'm replacing the steer tires and need 295/80's.

Some ppl do the steer every 3-4 years and put those on the tag. Easier on the wallet and good to have new rubber on the steer. Sell the take offs to local truckers. 150-200$ each. They love them.

Posted (edited)

Yep, did that my first time around, and probably will this time, but now, the tag's are only one year older than the steers.

I'm not really concerned with running tag tires to 10yrs. Moving to the tag axle and being aired down to 85psi is like retirement for them!

I should be filling them with Margarita's instead of air 😁!

Edited by 96 EVO