Opinion on unit for purchase?

https://www.marionrv.com/--xInventoryDetail?id=15539468

Minus the unknown of it being a dealership, am I missing something or is this a great deal?

Similar unit in WA is being sold for 43k. But I go on FB and 200 miles away someone is trying to sell a 2002 Windsor for 60k despite telling them they are way off base (like double). 

Is this dealership just being realistic?

The Windsor is a great coach, this is the last year it wad produced.  From what I've read it was discontinued because it was competing too closely with the Dynasty.

Other then the mileage the coach looks good.  Have the engine/tranny oil sampled along with coolant.  Tire DOT date codes, 7 years is the life of tires for normal people. 

• Like 1

Don't forget to pull a Carfax on the coach. That will give you more information on its history. I did that with all of the 2006 Monaco Dynasty's that I was looking at back in late 2021 and early 2022. One in particular I looked at listed an accident which destroyed almost the entire right side of the coach in the lower side bay doors. When I went to look at the coach you could not even tell it had been in an accident. It was listed as a single vehicle accident so it may have been cause by a right front tire blowout. I never confronted the owner as that specific coach did not meet my requirements in many ways, both inside and out.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

Don't forget to pull a Carfax on the coach. That will give you more information on its history. I did that with all of the 2006 Monaco Dynasty's that I was looking at back in late 2021 and early 2022. One in particular I looked at listed an accident which destroyed almost the entire right side of the coach in the lower side bay doors. When I went to look at the coach you could not even tell it had been in an accident. It was listed as a single vehicle accident so it may have been cause by a right front tire blowout. I never confronted the owner as that specific coach did not meet my requirements in many ways, both inside and out.

Carfax is useful, but don't trust them completely.  I've found incorrect data there on some of my vehicles. 😱

14 hours ago, Roadkillz said:

https://www.marionrv.com/--xInventoryDetail?id=15539468

Minus the unknown of it being a dealership, am I missing something or is this a great deal?

Similar unit in WA is being sold for 43k. But I go on FB and 200 miles away someone is trying to sell a 2002 Windsor for 60k despite telling them they are way off base (like double). 

Is this dealership just being realistic?

That is a nice looking coach in and out. I wouldn't be bothered by the mileage, but my concern would be the low hours on the generator. I bought a o5 Imperial, low hours on the genny and $5000 repair at 309 hrs. That coach in Washington had been $58,000 and dropped to $44000. I felt the $58k was a reasonable price and had recommended it to several but one who looked at it said the exterior had some issues but if only cosmetic, doesn't affect the use then the price was still not bad. Bad thing about online purchases pictures can lie, need to personally see it. Good luck, Don

Sometimes folks get upside down on the loan and ask an unrealistic price.  Sometimes they ask an unrealistic price because they have no idea what it's worth.  

Edited by vito.a

A ROSE is sometimes NOT A ROSE.

Go to Monaco Coach or google Monaco Motor Home Manuals.  The 2002 Windsor was considered as a classic.  It had a Semi Monoque Steel Frame and Body.….there was a change…and this gets fuzzy.

The 2004 was, and DON’T anyone take this personally, NOT the same MH.  The frame was Aluminum and not the Semi Monoque construction. Then it morphed.  Last year was 2006.

The 2002, IIRC was more is a “little brother” to the Dynasty.  Other than the body, i THINK that maybe the electrical system was “value engineered”.

The 2002 had a DUAL IN DUAL OUT inverter. That means….TWO 30 A breakers in the Main Panel.  One was INV 1 & other was INV 2.  That fed a side panel, called a SUB PANEL.  There were TWO 30A breakers.  One fed the 1, 3, 5, 7 side….other was even. So you had an INCOMING breaker for each line.  Then there were 2 or 3 breakers on each side. SO, you could get a FULL 30 Amp of power from either side of the Sub Panel.

Later on….NO SUB-PANEL. Cheaper Inverter.  30 A single main INV breaker.  Inverter has TWO 20 A pin style Circuit Breakers.  BUT,,,one line is dedicated to the Microwave….so, you only have, effectively 20 A from the other line…not 30.  The inverter pin CB are not as robust as having a snap in breaker.  Your Icemaker is now on a dedicated GCFI line…that drives folks crazy as the GFCI ages and the heater coil in the icemaker mold will get a teenie bit of juice. GFCI thinks it is getting electrocuted and shuts down.  I had to rewire my SINGLE IN DUAL OUT cheaper inverter…

I’d be cautious.  Eventually the 2006 was basically a Camelot/Scepter and they shared all most all but the badges.

IF ONE WERE SERIOUS…download the 2002, 2004 a d 2006 Brochures….print out.  Do a side by side….download the 2004 Camelot…

THEN….if still interested….download and compare the owners manuals.  You will quickly see the same text.

I would also look at the manual for the Slide Controller….for SOME ODD….and this is memory….there was a special controller for the later model slides and the company went under or got sold.  The early Camelots…pre 2008 had a central printed circuit board with all the motor and control connections. When a slide failed, the fix was to buy a single Lippert controller.  Find a tech that had prints.  Then you took off that slide.  The buttons inside work. But with a three slide models, you had to have 3 custom controllers (stock) but they had to be hand wired, by a KNOWLEDGEABLE tech….so, mounting and moisture was an issue.  How widespread?  Don’t know…we usually get….IT DONT WORK posts…

BOTTOM LINE….the 2002 Windsor, I know personally, has a totally different inverter and main panel system from the 2002….without prints or the manual….i don’t know when Monaco “value engineered” it.