New JC Refrigeration 19 CF DutchAire refrigerator installed

timaz996
Go to solution Solved by timaz996,

Yes, it’s a little pricey, but it’s very efficient. And as so many others have said, it is so nice to have a residential refrigerator especially since I full-time. They spent about six hours doing the install. They removed the passenger side front window to take everything out, and put this one in. So far, I’m very happy with it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, timaz996 said:

Yes, it’s a little pricey, but it’s very efficient. And as so many others have said, it is so nice to have a residential refrigerator especially since I full-time. They spent about six hours doing the install. They removed the passenger side front window to take everything out, and put this one in. So far, I’m very happy with it. 

Knowing Dometic's pricing, I'm guessing a fair bit more than a 120V residential fridge?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, timaz996 said:

About 10 days ago I had a New 12 volt JC Refrigeration 19 CF DutchAire refrigerator installed. It uses about 60 watts. 😁

DutchAire Fridge.jpg

We had the 12v twin compressor unit installed in our Norcold the end of July. Is the 60 watt usage over 24 hrs? I’m guessing yes, but just verifying. Aaron does good work for sure! 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bobkat11208 said:

We had the 12v twin compressor unit installed in our Norcold the end of July. Is the 60 watt usage over 24 hrs? I’m guessing yes, but just verifying. Aaron does good work for sure! 

The compressor will be drawing 60W DC power while it's running.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2024 at 10:14 AM, CMillet86 said:

I like this option, you’ll have to keep us updated on how it works. They seem pricey. 

It was installed on July 23 and I still love it. I dry all of the time and when I’m looking at my shunt for the batteries and the refrigerator turns on I don’t even see any change in the draw. The average draw is listed as 6 A at 12 V. I’m very happy with having a 19 ft.³ I’ll style refrigerator.

• Like 2

I'm glad you're happy but parts of this dog don't hunt.  From JC's website:

Additional charges will apply if the new fridge doesn’t fit thru the entrance door where a window has to be removed, plumbing or wiring has to be rerouted or if a new 10-gauge 12V power wire has to be installed to power the fridge.

So why would a fridge need 10 gauge wire for a 5A draw?  Maybe for an icemaker?

Seems too good to be true . . . .

- bob

On 8/19/2024 at 8:58 AM, cbr046 said:

I'm glad you're happy but parts of this dog don't hunt.  From JC's website:

So why would a fridge need 10 gauge wire for a 5A draw?  Maybe for an icemaker?

Seems too good to be true . . . .

- bob

See my comment below yours for the reason of a 10 gauge wire minimum. I will add that because the power draw is so low the fridge takes more time to recover temperature than a household 120 V fridge.

• 2 weeks later...