Valid Mfg. Air Leveling System

Go to solution Solved by Tom Cherry,

56 minutes ago, Ivylog said:

You want 9” (within 1/4”) measured between the metal mounting plates of the airbags. I use 10” for more clearance, especially on the front.

Thanks. How do you increase to 10”?

On 8/12/2024 at 7:13 PM, timaz996 said:

And one thing that a lot of people disagree with me on is the six pack valves can leak to the point even when you’re going down the road that they can twist the chassis and make it pull or lean in One Direction. I had this exact same problem in 2018 and posted all that I did to cure it on irv2. Even though there was people on there that said that’s impossible for it to happen. 

There are many ways the 6-pack valves can affect normal travel.  If a stuck travel mode valve blocks air passage thru a ride height valve is only one way.  Others can be when one of the leveling valves is stuck open when it should be closed.  A coach has eight (or 12) of these so lots of possible failures.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rpasetto said:

There are many ways the 6-pack valves can affect normal travel.  If a stuck travel mode valve blocks air passage thru a ride height valve is only one way.  Others can be when one of the leveling valves is stuck open when it should be closed.  A coach has eight (or 12) of these so lots of possible failures.

Is there a method for determining if the valves are malfunctioning?

On 8/13/2024 at 8:42 AM, Pduggs said:

Thanks. How do you increase to 10”?

You'll have to get under with air tanks pressurized as usual and adjust angle of the valve arm in minor increments. You'll see the coach raising or dropping so you know the valve is good. Depending on type of your valve, should be described in your manual. Mine takes loosening of one bolt to do that, should be similar. Just take precautions under there.

Should have mentioned that it has to be done in travel mode on the pad.

Edited by Ivan K
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Pduggs said:

Is there a method for determining if the valves are malfunctioning?

One way is to use a DC clamp ammeter to check current flow to the solenoids of the valve while an assistant presses control panel buttons.  That is done by crawling under a coach; make sure coach is securely held up by stands or blocks before trying that!

On 8/10/2024 at 8:03 PM, jimtaylorville said:

Where do you download this file? I didn't see any files on their website yesterday.  Thanks!

Take a look in the Downloads.  Here is a link to one of the manuals.  Others are in Downloads.

On 8/10/2024 at 9:14 AM, jimtaylorville said:

Thank you for all the suggestions! I am still debating a $500 part I may or may not need. I did pull controller and inspected for water damage. no signs of water anywhere. I also pulled both molex connectors (an 8 pin and 2 pin for canbus) inspected, and reseated both. Tom, you are very correct, check connections first, and often it will solve the problem. Oxidation buildup on connectors, a loose wire entering the connection, all great points of failure. I am leaving in a few weeks on a 1700 mile trip, so this will be a good test. 

ALSO, if anyone interested, the Valid rep e-mailed me a 1 page Valid/Monaco Leveling system troubleshooting guide, a 98 page trueline leveling service manual, and a 24 page leveling system operation guide.  Happy to send this to anyone, or post on website. 

Thanks for offering!  I’d like copies of thise files, please.

On 8/10/2024 at 11:14 AM, jimtaylorville said:

Thank you for all the suggestions! I am still debating a $500 part I may or may not need. I did pull controller and inspected for water damage. no signs of water anywhere. I also pulled both molex connectors (an 8 pin and 2 pin for canbus) inspected, and reseated both. Tom, you are very correct, check connections first, and often it will solve the problem. Oxidation buildup on connectors, a loose wire entering the connection, all great points of failure. I am leaving in a few weeks on a 1700 mile trip, so this will be a good test. 

ALSO, if anyone interested, the Valid rep e-mailed me a 1 page Valid/Monaco Leveling system troubleshooting guide, a 98 page trueline leveling service manual, and a 24 page leveling system operation guide.  Happy to send this to anyone, or post on website. 

Are the files sent to you different than those already in our file Downloads?  If so, please upload them or send them to me and I'll upload them.

https://www.monacoers.org/files/category/1-air-systems-leveling-jacks/

I did have the same issue with my 2008 Camalot, but mine actually did have a burnt component, and I believe that it was caused from water. I found one from vision salvage for 325. So far it is working properly.

I kept the old one hoping I could find someone to repair it.