Wabco 1200 Air Dryer - Service/replace leaking Turbo Cut Off Valve

On our recent trip I noticed a steady air leak sound coming from above the tag axle on our 06 Dynasty. Air was leaking while the engine was running & would continue to leak after shut down until the tanks lost pressure. I crawled under & discovered air leaking out of the turbo cut off valve on the bottom of the Wabco System Saver 1200. It appears the Turbo Cut Off Valve kit is a  readily available part.  https://www.fleetpride.com/parts/otr-air-dryer-cartridge-otr4324139342?gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwn9y1BhC2ARIsAG5IY-6wXkW2B0_duOl34PY7IKwRMOCzGgk__oNvAzsUb_8gyX0c01PRCDYaAhduEALw_wcB

Was wondering if any of you experienced Monaco owners have encountered this situation & have repaired it or had it repaired? Is this serviceable/replaceable while the dryer is still mounted to the chassis or will the unit have to be removed to be serviced?

Thanks for your feedback!

Yes!  The purge valve on the System Saver 1200 is easily serviceable without removing the air dryer.  You will need a long nose pair of snap ring pliers to remove and return the retaining spring clip.  The only difficulty I had was in holding the unit in place against the spring pressure in order to reinstall the spring clip.  I fabricated a lever mechanism to hold it in place while I reinstalled the clip.  Good luck.

Richard    

• Thanks 1