Light up exterior handle

jwilson

Does anyone know if the exterior Monaco grab handle lights up on a 2006 Monaco Diplomat 40PDQ. Searched all forums. Can’t find anything specific to this year/make/model.
thanks so much! 

IMG_1227.jpeg

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Aqrv2TUdbV6xhKASMTgh-lYSPjHeUQ?e=u73X3e

If it is not wired for one, here are some pictures of how I modified mine. It was a bit tricky but worth the effort. I have since replaced the grab handle and that was a real challenge. Seems no one makes one for mine. I had to order my own and turn the ends down a bit as well as shorten to fit. Trimming/turning the ends without a lathe took some careful work but it too was worth the effort to get rid of all the spider cracks. My color changing led is subtle and keeps the bugs confused. In the folder with the link is also information on my motion detector porch light. That works great. I had to replace the len's but the factory sent them free. Great support. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I want to pull my out door grab handle off to see if it is wired for lighting but an concerned about the gaskets, which are OEM 2005 Safari Cheetah. Does anyone here know if replacements are available and if so, where from? Also, If it is wired does anyone know what type/size the lamp bulb is? I would buy one in advance so If the handle is wired I can change the bulb and replace it right away. Lastly, are lighted pulls switched and if so what is it tied in with?

21 minutes ago, 1nolaguy said:

I want to pull my out door grab handle off to see if it is wired for lighting but an concerned about the gaskets, which are OEM 2005 Safari Cheetah. 

They 'should' be rubber. Shouldn't be an issue.

1 hour ago, 1nolaguy said:

Just concerned about weathering due to age so if I need to replace these are they still available?

OK….to answer the questions….there were two brands.  Essex and Trimark.  My experience is with Trimark, Beb has the same type.  The Trimark has 5 numbered buttons (memory). The bottom is the doorbell. 1 unlocks it and 4 unlocks all the bays.  It works off a 5 digit code.  Check the control module for brand and model. Trimark has great support.

OK….here’s the skinny on Trimark.  Essex probably works the same…but the manual will tell you. The light is tied to the porch light. Unlock and it comes on for 30 seconds….or turn on porch….it is lighted.  There is a bulb inside.  It shines down the Plexiglass rod.  Buddy’s didn’t light up.  He took out the screws.  Stop there…DO NOT pull on the harness….hang it with a Bungee cord.  If you have the OLD, as most of us do…it has been DISCONTINUED.  But Trimark did have an “adapter harness”. It allowed you to use the NEW 4 wire handle with the old 5 wire harness. I bought the harness as Trimark said they were trying to source a new vendor….so I, supposedly, can use the NEW handle with the old harness.  Once you pull out the 5 pin connector, Trimark says there is only a 10% chance…you’ll get it snaked back in. BUT if you have the adapter, you then can get the NEW, smaller connector in and attached.

Mine is a little “moisture” sensitive. The buttons, when humid, with double fire…so a 1…becomess 1 1.  You have to listen and be light fingered.

I use the remotes.

ESSEX?  Ask someone who has one….  Many people do and are experts…

• Thanks 1

To answer the original question, no.  2006 Diplomats did not come from the factory with lighted handles.  Verified by pulling mine off, and also the Dealer Parts list (which would show if it was an option.)

If you would like to light it, see @MyronTruex’s post in this thread. On my 2006 Dip, you do have access to the 12v going to the “porch” light circuit if you pull the passenger console off (4 screws).  You could use that to power a LED bulb for the handle.

It’s on my “to do” list, but I haven’t made it there yet…

Hope that helps.

• Thanks 1

On 8/12/2024 at 10:45 AM, Scotty Hutto said:

To answer the original question, no.  2006 Diplomats did not come from the factory with lighted handles.  Verified by pulling mine off, and also the Dealer Parts list (which would show if it was an option.)

If you would like to light it, see @MyronTruex’s post in this thread. On my 2006 Dip, you do have access to the 12v going to the “porch” light circuit if you pull the passenger console off (4 screws).  You could use that to power a LED bulb for the handle.

It’s on my “to do” list, but I haven’t made it there yet…

Hope that helps.

Thank you! Saved us from removing and looking for ourselves. For now. Maybe it’s something we can get accomplished this winter. Also. Looks like we are twins in RV life. Ha! Nice rig!

• 1 month later...

Would a 2006 Dynasty have the outside lighted bar? Our interior bars illuminate with a switch, when the door is opened.  The outside bar does not. What’s the difference between the Essex and Trimark?  Our button panel is not on the grab bar.

19 minutes ago, Jim Roach said:

Would a 2006 Dynasty have the outside lighted bar? Our interior bars illuminate with a switch, when the door is opened.  The outside bar does not. What’s the difference between the Essex and Trimark?  Our button panel is not on the grab bar.

Find the prints or read the manual.  These systems are TOTALLY different and not interchangeable.  The Trimark has the buttons on the grab handle.  There is a neon (yes…pre LED) bulb that is at the top (memory) on the Trimark….or maybe bottom.  You gotta pull the handle.  They burn out.  The signal is tied to the Porch Light 30 second on timer.  Use the buttons or the fob…..then a 30 second countdown timer keeps the lighted handle on….as well as the overhead porch light.  Turn ON the Porch Light using the switch.  The GRAB exterior handle stays on.  I tapped into that…so when you get the “ON SIGNAL”, a red LED comes on above the switch on the passenger’s console.  On our Trimark, there is NOT an interior lighted handle nor an “access” of foot light.  BUT, when you open the door….you just reach over and tap the MPX controlled light switch that turns on the three Fluorescent overhead living/galley lights.

PRINTS ARE YOUR FRIEND.  Please, per the new topic guidelines, research and search using the search feature….and that assumes that a member has consulted the manual and prints…..and if the topic or file search is futile….and they then need guidance….a new topic is allowed

Thanks for understanding….

2 hours ago, Jim Roach said:

Have you tried it with the porch light turned on?

The outside grab handle on your '06 Dyn should be lit!

42 minutes ago, 96 EVO said:

Have you tried it with the porch light turned on?

The outside grab handle on your '06 Dyn should be lit!

Doesn’t light, I’ll pull it apart and see if the wires or bulb is dead.