Proper coolant recovery tank cap?

Go to solution Solved by Frank McElroy,

@cbr046 good question on the filters. I read a lot of threads where that wasn’t done, but I actually stood next to the mechanic when he changed mine so I’m all good there. I may need to backtrack on what @96 EVO said about RPM changes. I finally got some cockpit time this weekend and decided to do a couple of things differently before the mountains of Northwest Arkansas. I didn’t pull my F150 and I also decided to treat the fuel with Diesel Kleen. On the way up, I still noticed the hesitation and tried to keep RPMs up, which helped a little. I noticed that the transmission is doing a very poor job at maintaining RPM. It’s not downshifting as I would expect. The vibration was reduced some and I seem to have better power. The way back I noticed that there was less vibration as long as I maintain above 17 to 1800 RPM on the hills. After another hour I noticed that I could maintain six gear without vibration on fairly significant grades and lower rpm. This kind of leads me to believe that the injector cleaner may be of some help and maintaining proper RPM is currently a manual process for me. Not happy with the Allison downshifts. I’m going to change the air filter and run out this treated tank of fuel. Hopefully I’ll see continued improvement.

On 9/16/2024 at 12:23 PM, Malewis11 said:

@cbr046 good question on the filters. I read a lot of threads where that wasn’t done, but I actually stood next to the mechanic when he changed mine so I’m all good there. I may need to backtrack on what @96 EVO said about RPM changes. I finally got some cockpit time this weekend and decided to do a couple of things differently before the mountains of Northwest Arkansas. I didn’t pull my F150 and I also decided to treat the fuel with Diesel Kleen. On the way up, I still noticed the hesitation and tried to keep RPMs up, which helped a little. I noticed that the transmission is doing a very poor job at maintaining RPM. It’s not downshifting as I would expect. The vibration was reduced some and I seem to have better power. The way back I noticed that there was less vibration as long as I maintain above 17 to 1800 RPM on the hills. After another hour I noticed that I could maintain six gear without vibration on fairly significant grades and lower rpm. This kind of leads me to believe that the injector cleaner may be of some help and maintaining proper RPM is currently a manual process for me. Not happy with the Allison downshifts. I’m going to change the air filter and run out this treated tank of fuel. Hopefully I’ll see continued improvement.

I have been using this Lucas product in all our vehicles for over 20+ years. Gas and Diesel powered vehicles. 

https://www.lucasoil.com/complete-fuel-treatment/?gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjw0aS3BhA3EiwAKaD2ZXqK6aw7y-g2RtwSES-hOQwFKqggIbM7mitD-7yGwbKaP7Vko4HRjBoCxkMQAvD_BwE